• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting experiment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting experiment

Just received some grade results and will mention one sample in particular. Sample brought in sept 8th graded #1-12.8 px CWAD no frost. Bin moved and bagged Sept 14th. Took exact same sample as what was originally graded and rebagged and labelled. Took sample to exact same location. Results back today as #3-12.1 px account frost. This sample was well in the bin before any frost ever occurred. Price difference of over 30,000 cdn on one 12,000 bushel bag.. I will now be forced to try and sell above grade and be so thankful I guess?? Carryover from last year miraculously down 10-15 HVK and some how the kernels have frost damage from being InThe bin a year at 12.5 moisture.. Last years durum saw ZERO frost. I guess I will take what I am offered and be forever grateful

Be glad your "partners" discovered that error in grading before they inadvertently lost money on that transaction with you. Sounds like a win-win.

Comment

Be glad your "partners" discovered that error in grading before they inadvertently lost money on that transaction with you. Sounds like a win-win.

Comment

Hahaha yes yes I was very concerned for the shareholders for a brief moment .. Should have mentioned same sample have been offered 13.50 USD base solely on a emailed picture

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me....

Comment

Maybe with any luck my chicken feed durum will gain a couple of grades over a few weeks or months, can't go any lower.

Comment

That's when you order them to immediately place the sample and all dockage removed back in the bag. Seal the bag, and order them to send it to the CGC immediately...

I'd like to hear the excuse when it comes back as a 1 from the CGC.

Interestingly, had a bin of wheat that was "feed" when I took it in.

Had them send sample to SGS... wouldn't tell me results, but said they would buy it as a 3.

To which I laughed at them, and informed them they bought the same wheat last year and it graded & was bought as a #2.

Was that ever funny.

No hopper, this wasn't the big V.

Comment

Wow. I might need Tom's help on this cause the only part of The Bible I read are the parts that contradict the other parts. But somewhere it reads you reap what you sow.

Ado089, you must sow distrust, suspicion, and anxiety because that's all you seem to ever get from your partners. Guess you need new ones with a higher tolerance for shit.

Comment

The answer is easy,tell them to open their books and show us what they bought and what they shipped,if it adds up it ads up,if it doesnt they are no different than the low life scum robbing a gas station and should be treated as such.And remind them as the cell door closes they should be thankful there are laws protecting them because before we would lock them in their house-and burn it down.

Comment

Braveheart, I have great partners but they aren't Canadian and they aren't one of the family cartels. I've only sold a load or two of cereals domestically since freedom day. Besides that this was JD's story, not mine, though I've had similar. What's that condition called again when battered women don't want to leave their partners?

Comment

ado089: Stockholm syndrome perhaps?

Comment

Ado, you are correct about the battered wives theory.
                        there is an AV member loaded rail cars of wheat for us destination. I'm pretty sure they were loaded at Prince Albert,sk.
                        So, there is nothing really stopping opportunities. It depends on whether a farmer really needs the extra money.

Comment

Ado, I'm glad to hear you shopped around. I divorced the locals for wheat last year and hooked up with a few southerners. It seems we'll be going steady.

JD, it is a bit early to accept those grades. Be patient, and once we're past the season things may well change.

Comment

Hobbyfarmr, the three to six months wait for cars is in the way. I'm not as negative as I may seem but when you're not trucking distance from Minneapolis/ Duluth your options shrink real fast.

Comment

No won't be accepting those grades Braveheart. My point simply being I guess that the visual method of grading simply doesn't work or at the very least is not reliable. After reviewing some more results discovered a sample with 13.5 protein with 57 HVK.. A common moron knows you don't have 13.5 protein in durum with HVK that low.. Went out to shop and pulled the sample and counted myself at 95 HVK.. This is serious as many many "farmers" do not even know the difference when doing a hard count.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...