• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Takers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Takers?

Stopped in at my local Pioneer elevator yesterday to drop off some grain samples and asked them what canola seed prices for next year looked like. His hot deal of the day was Dekalb 7454 for 66 dollars an acre. This includes 2 shots of weathermax at 1/3 liter per acre and an agreement to take 1/4 tonne of canola in he fall at a 22 dollar per tonne premium. Any takers?

Will they buy the 10% or higher green seed for a #1 regardless next fall ?

Comment

Never ased that question furrow but I am sure we both know the answer.

Comment

Funny how canola prices keep going down and seed cost and gimmicks keep going up. PMO. Dekalb-- leave it in the bag!!

Comment

Just got this note from my seed supplier.

Dear Peasant err Producer

We at your friendly canola seed company are pleased to again this year close our eyes and pretend that market forces don't include us, as you know competition is one of the base elements of a free market environment and in light of this fact we have bought out all the other seed companies and removed that pesky problem. We know going forward you the sucker err producer will be glad to have a simple one stop shopping experience to simplify your seed purchasing needs.
          New for 2014 we are offering with every 10 bags of our questionable trait canola a free tube of KY jelly . (offer good while stupidity lasts).

Yours truley
          Somebody in a call centre somewhere that pretends too give a shit.( but justs wants to get to noon so they can sneak off to the golf course )

Which is interestingly the only place to actually find our bayer rep. in the summer.

Comment

Mcfarms

Stop it, my gut hurts from laughing.

Actually do a few more today it shitty.

Comment

Mcfarms that pretty much sums it up. That Needs to be read at the Next Free pancake breakfast but on by canola seed company.

Comment

McFarms..too funny. Forgot to mention their varieties are all 328% of check.

Comment

Sums it up Mcfarm!!

Comment

An interesting DeKalb plot from Stoon area
                    45S56 PHI 54.4
                    45S54 PHI 52.5
                    Canterra 1990 52.3
                    DeKalb 74-44 52
                    Proven 530 G 52
                    45H29 PHI 51.5
                    DeKalb 74-54 51.5
                    DeKalb 73.15 48.2

The only canola not sprayed with fungicide was the 45S56 and 45S54.
                    This is interesting because PHI S series is 5$/ac more on ave for seed and to spray is at least $15/ac plus application and wheel tacking....

Comment

Please post on new topic so all can respo d to variety and yeild. I only had one.

Comment

OK dok
                        I have allot very good and a few flat results on Kugler fert as well- but will take "time".

Comment

We did a around 40 trials of PHI canola and Kugler foliar fert this fall - I will post then when I can - if anyone cares - some very interesting to me some not as much.
                          Last year not a big difference in any canola variety trial any where in Sask, this year was muted and exaggerated by sclerotina depending on farmer, area and farming practices. Same with Kugler foliar and coralating fertilizer amounts applied at seeding.

Comment

What's it cost for the seed and roundup separate? 22/mt prem sounds not bad. If you don't take your 50 cents, I gladly will

Comment

I spoke and already paid for the most expensive canola seed possible, it has to be the best because it was the most expensive, right?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...