• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Your Falling Numbers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is falling number stated on contract terms? It is not a primary grading spec but we are being down graded on lower falling #. Can line companies discount based on their shipping specs vs buying specs? Any feedback appreciated

Comment

"****ing stupid", your words hobbyfrmr, would be thinking that your taking bin samples to be sent away on your dime, and using that data as proof to elevators that this is what you produced is rather a tad arrogant, don't you think?

At what stage does the potential buyer of your grain get the opportunity to examine your grain by the load, assess it, and not your paperwork? Why would any elevator agree that you know one bloody thing about collecting a bin sample, and that what your delivering even came from bin of your tested sample.

I don't believe that, "just trust me", works with a buyer.

The better solution is to contest their sample taken at load one of delivery, if you're not satisfied. That's the time to invest your $500.00.

Comment

PrairieDude, all I know is that Richardsons our wheat is visually a 3cwrs. It is. There is mildew. They're not just sayin. But that's visual.

Buyers are over looking the visual if the wheat is sound. So the end result will be a price more reflective of the wheats ability to mill and bake vs just how it looks.

I think this could help a lot of producers get through what used to be a low quality harvest. (Previous system)

Comment

The test results you pay for allow YOU to know what YOU have as inventory. Then you can submit to multiple buyers by fax. When you get close to agreeable terms, then bring in your pail for visual.
          If you trust your buyers with whatever they decide the grade and price they tell you then your fine, you don't have a problem. This has been "normal" procedure for decades....generations.

Comment

I would sincerely like to think you're correct.
            I'm concerned however with our downgrading factor of bran frosting. High protein, likely good falling nos. Heat stress wrinkled the bran to the point of a feed under current guidelines. Guess I'll find out.

Comment

There are opportunities if you present the information. About 9 years ago I brokered/ sold( organic) bran frosted "feed" wheat on falling numbers and protein lab results.
              I was quite stunned. They had tandem semis pick it up, 831 bushels per load and hauled it from Shellbrook, Sk to a mill in Commerce CityCo, just north of Denver.
              Last year, I gained $2.20/bushel on my last 2 btrains of HRSW. I had faxed the lab results around to buyers in November. Somebody found a use for It by February.
              I know $6600.00 is a fart in the wind for a farm these days, but it paid for my testing.
              I also realize its not an apples to apples market comparison . What I am getting at, is that opportunities present themselves when you are helping yourself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...