• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feed grain price prospects

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know cotton, there's a guy over on Agtalk talkin' 9% interest rates in 2016. He's upset that people have called him on it. LOL

Comment

Cotton . . . you are right, it's a debt bomb. No way of defusing it though

Talk of U.S. hiking interest rates makes me laugh. If you want to trigger the debt bomb, just hike interest rates.

Comment

Cleaned out some trucks and spills. Took to town rather than tie up a bin.
        14.6 protein feed wheat! 2005 all over again.
        Good friggin luck!

Comment

It looks like the unions are going to fuel the interest rate hike. They are starting to strike for a lot more than 2.5-3%. That'll put the boots to the borrowers.

Comment

Lets see total global credit market debt 250 trillion ish?

Total global gdp 70 trillion?

10%interest rates?

25 trillion debt service cost,1/3rd global gdp

Comment

If japans rates where to go up 2% all central government revenues would go to debt service costs.

This has happened many times in many countries.the consequences are right there in the history books to see.

It has not happened that many times in so many major countries at the same time and never without war.

We need a good old fashion "debt jubilee"- i didnt make it up its a real thing

Comment

Boy, discussions go off the rails quick these days. I don't know where the $1.70 bids are coming from, but I can still get $3.70 right now cash new crop corn, and $3.90 for march delivery, both at the bin.

Comment

Feed grain price prospects - not good
                  In this area where crops were considered good two months ago - things are looking dim for the last 1/3 of harvest in cereals.
                  A big majority of wheat and barley coming off now is being downgraded heavily due to either frost or disease or in some cases - both. Not a good sign of things to come, again this is from one of the more fortunate areas that did not have to fight with real excessive moisture this spring /summer.

Comment

<a title="cash corn Bottineau North Dakota" href="http://www.bottineaufarmers.com/">cash corn Bottineau North Dakota</a>

Comment

Just a comment from a conference call last week. I wasn't on the call so this is second.

Because of the size of this years US corn and soybean crops, the US is dealing with a lot of the same logistic issues in 2014 we dealt with in 2013. Transportation problems equals weaker basis. Bin space issues are creeping in. Someone will have to correct me but I suspect corn doesn't store well in piles when it hasn't been dried. Not sure on the US farmers use of bags. US corn is also having challenges around molds and other storage challenges.

Comment

I guess the main reason I highlighted corn prices in North Dakota is that they are right next door.
                        It seems North Dakota is going to have basis pricing problems two years back to back.
                        I think bagging grain has caught on south of the border in a big way. But if the corn comes off wet it still has to be dried someday at great expense.
                        Looks like Brian99 has access to some excellent prices.

Comment

Today's Agweb article.

[URL="http://www.agweb.com/article/wide_basis_drops_north_dakota_corn_prices_below_1. 80bu._NAA_Ed_Clark/?smartid=ZZZZZZLZ11Z2Z21Z2ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ&spMailingID=47090439&spUserID=MzYxMzYzN zMwMQS2&spJobID=523930399&spReportId=NTIzOTMwMzk5S 0"]Agweb[/URL]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...