• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report

Well harvest began in our area this week after much delay from weather. Last weekends fog then 1/4 inch just soaked every thing.
    We did manage to get to 35% done. Slow going in wheat but in canola you make time.
    Wheat all desiccated or swath and harvest is happening. Yields are Ok nothing to write home about but ok. Its a poor two to a good three. protein is all over the place again.
    Peas that are left are left for the Geese. Why harvest shit. Lentils are the same.
    Soy actually survived the wet frosts to some extent and are sprayed so that other weeds will die. Harvest two to three weeks away.
    Barley early has regrowth and sprouting and lost color. Late has frost and really taking forever to dry down.
    Oats most is ready to harvest. Late has been sprayed and will be ready shortly. Wind the other day on early did break some down.
    Canola well lets here it like the radio says its surprising most. Well yea when you look at it and see its drowned out and you drive 1/4 mile with nothing coming in to maybe 10 bpa then hit a area that survived and it pours in at 60 plus you average 23 to 25. Wow were surprised.
    Yes I will admit that well drained fields are really surprising some.
    But on Canola is easily 35% less crop than last year in our area.
    So to sum up the week finally we got a summer with no rain. Guys are going hard to get this crop whatever we have in the bin. Prices are in the tank so next year is the crusher for a disaster. If we lose a crop in 2015 crop insurance is based on prices around Christmas at 70% of value.
    That's $3.50 wheat and $1,40 oats and $6.30 canola. Yea your premium will be 70% less.
    We squeaked through this year but now 2015 is the one we really need to get a crop in.
    Be safe its just a crop.

90% complete.. Looks like two hard days to finish up durum then a week of rain..

Comment

66.6 % done, the number of the beast.... and the iron maiden broke down, easy fix but lost all the hydro oil... may as well change filters while I'm at it. :-)

metal heads will get it.

Comment

Is that when the "beast" broke down? At 92% here, should be wrapped up tomorrow. In the area it varies but most are 50-70% with now dry grain and long days.

Comment

Done combining yesterday..Yields were good..Lots to go in the area..

Comment

5% done. Lost all of yesterday to combine issues. I am impressed with you guys! Must have had a mite better weather???

Comment

We're finished.

I hope everyone can keep their Iron Maiden, Metallica beasts running hard. With the rain forecast for Sunday it could be a Black Sabbath.

Comment

Most here between half and two thirds done.

Comment

Oh Braveheart that was clever...

Only got out today at nine.....p.m. seriously., too nice a night to let pass especially after losing the day......low humidity AND windy.....

Good luck and be safe everyone.

Comment

Holy **** is this durum ugly. That's my Friday crop report in a nutshell

Comment

Braveheart, which day did you and your Motley Crew finish?

Comment

We finished yesterday. The last of the canola was finally ready. Not without casualties though. I hit my thumb fixing an old bin and now it's a deep purple.

Comment

Did it "sting"

Comment

I'm used to it. You see I'm not much of a Motörhead. Just a good thing there was no blood or I might have fainted and went down like a Led Zepplin.

I'm sounding crazy. Don't call the Police.

Comment

I'm having trouble keeping up....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...