• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Marketing Question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Marketing Question

Wrong forum I know

A friend asked me to find out about dessicating barley in overseas countries.

It currently illegal in Australia with glyphosate, what are your rules and regulations over there for wheat as well?

A link to any relevant information would be good.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that nobody want to say. Hope that answers your question.
    How about desiccating oats in Australia?

Comment

Wheat is totally fine, Barley and oats are not supposed to be desiccated.

Comment

I would Google up the Canadian label for Round-up Weathermax. If it's one there, it should be legal.

Comment

According to the Sask Crop Protection guide glyphosate is registered for preharvest use on barley , wheat, and most other crops grown here.
          But even though it is registered on barley grown for malt most maltsers won't buy barley treated with glyphosate. Likewise it is suggested you contact the buyer before applying it to milling oats as well.

Comment

All oats sprayed in this area, all selling as milling oats.

Comment

If your refering to malt barley it affects the germination speed, malt needs to germ at the correct exact time. Feed no one gives a shit. All good. Human consumption I go rr over organic.

Comment

Blue tell us where its.registered for use on malt.

Comment

same situation here just wondering if its any different wheat can be done as long as the moisture in the grain is I think 28% but barley is a no no

Comment

That's why I was swathing my Barley today. Their is 10 malt guys who will look at it if I don't spray and three if I do. Ah malt is a crap shoot so more vs less wins.
                    Wheat Durum Flax Oats peas we all kill with Roundup. Even dry down better grade. kills weeds dead. Cleaner fields next spring. Also weeds are alive at this time of year after harvest min kill.

Comment

Guess I was looking at 2013 Crop Protection Guide. Must be a 2014 but I can't seem to find it.
                      Anyway in 2013 edition it is on page 179
                      "Registered for application to barley grown for malt and tame oat grown for milling. Contact malt barley or milling oat buyers prior to application to confirm acceptance of glyphosate treated grain"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...