• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big White Combine...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big White Combine...

Just checking fields north of Killam... 75percent damage easy.... on some Canola fields. 5 minutes on the 19th of Sept... WOW.

Sorry Tom , how big an area? Hope your not waiting for afsc in five or six weeks like we are from the Aug 8th storm. I'll have to ask dad who's 81 if that's the latest he's heard of hail.

Comment

Just called him in his rest home ( in his 9770 doing canola) and you may be among the latest to get smackwd in a lot of uears he said 5th of sept.here.

Comment

Canola got it south and east of Rosalind as well Tom. Tops of swaths white. Thankfully it was swathed. I seem to remember back n the early nineties? Sometime in September pounding swaths pretty good. Oh well now they can adjust for two storms at once whenever they bloody get here!

Comment

Likely around red deer farm show at the rate they are moving,

Comment

Thanksgiving - I forget the year but in the nineties. Everyone was done but it was quite the storm. In Alberta, weather has no normal.

Comment

Tom did u get your Fabas done before the storm. Was wondering if u straight cut them or swath them.

Comment

We've made it this far so I hope it stays away now. Good luck with the adjustment.

Comment

Hail sucks, on our farm the latest was October 5 th a few years back. Hail sucks sorry to here.

Comment

MC
                    I see now on a quarter section of grain 3 strips the length of the field is the required assessment grain to be left. If less than 100 ac 2 swaths 1 third of the way in from the edge, then 2 thirds of the way across the field.

Farming is an interesting journey...

Comment

Our Fabas are at Sherwood Park and just fine. I see some of our flax east of the white Canola North of HWY 13 has bolls on the ground....

Canola is 7 percent moisture... many combines going tonight!

Comment

Does hail insurance go past Sept 1?

Comment

October 15th is the last day for Municipal Hail Insurance.

Comment

Tom was your canola standing or swathed???
                            I've always thought that would make a huge difference.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...