• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a few things positive if you have them

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people do you know that had their loans written down or off and act like the **** of the walk now.

Not an ounce of humility meanwhile they try to buy out their neighbors that paid the debt in full.

Comment

Farmaholic, I don't begrudge anyone for being in that position but when people who have never seen a crop failure get on here and defend or promote this busted system or dismiss the challenges some are facing that are complete out of their control it pisses me off. To be clear in not looking for a hand out, subsidy, or any other forms of taxpayer dollars just some simple policy that mitigates utter lack of competition in this industry. Oh and some empathy from those who don't have a clue what it's like to lose a crop.

Comment

Ado

I will take whatever this government hands out. And not feel bad about it.

They gutted every program from when I can remember grip since.

No government had had the vision to put in place a bankable program for times like this. Sometimes you put in other take out but it puts a floor in to build a healthy industry. GRIP today had it been left in place would have had 10s of billions in place to cover that grainco and railway fiasco of the last year and covered the quality issues this year.

No vision. No plan and that is why we are peasants. And will be kept that way.

The railways were originally a subsidized industry, as were the airlines, auto, and almost every business you see today had seed money from government.

Difference is , most are not affected by weather.

Comment

Oh they had foresight alright. They saw the liability facing them if they had left AgriStabilty the way it was, with all those healthy margins in place for times like this when things went to hell. You bet they knew....

Comment

But why did they get rid of grip when producers were building the fund?

They were putting away a healthy rainy day fund which is exactly what we need now.

Would have made for a healthy ag industry.

Lack of vision once again.

Comment

Before I get my head bit off and someone shits down my throat I had better make it clear not everyone had healthy AgStab margins.... Sorry.

Comment

People started farming grip. Basically rewarded people for being poor operators. Terrible program.

Comment

The unscrupulous will always find a way to manipulate what ever is put in front of them!!

Comment

dave4441

Farming grip the same way guys farmed the debt review to finally make their operation healthy while the rest of us paid their debts???

Thought so.

On the other thread I put forward an idea for a new insurance plan.

Very preliminary but it should reward good practices and help farmers to insure properly for years like this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...