• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report!

Well what a week of freezing temps and then we get a break Monday and Tuesday. Man Tuesday was like harvest should be machines going every where in our area and even back all way to Regina. Then Wednesday woke up to fog, oh don't worry it will burn off, yea it did at two in the afternoon and it turned to mist. Every thing was tough again last night. So again most only got one to two days this week. We have a dryer so Monday we went but really only Tuesday was a harvest day.
    Were at 9 percent completed. All peas are worked down ready for next spring.
    HRS strait cutting is taking place on fields sprayed 21 days ago. Last week round up worked very slow from the week before that was sprayed. Swathing in area but the Geese are having fun. Late got hit with bran frost and some really late are a nice white. Fuz is causing some problems and guys are worried.
    Peas are mostly done or guys left to take crops that actually will give them a chance. Peas went flat and if their shit their shit. Didn't magically make a decent crop. If it walks like a duck and talks like a Duck its a duck. Or you need to go check your self in cause you think a duck talks. Peas in the most part are F45ked. Lots wont be growing next year due to something in soil. Or is it just because we cant catch a break on to much rain.
    Soy, my little fellers had a rough week, Cold frosty and then killing frost. To cold for to long. Funny we needed one more week to get a stupid yield. Will have to harvest since soy did make seeds but out of 20 or so pods their are 12 that will have two to four seeds. One week away from a great crop. Will seed earlier next year. Seed a little thinner, but I feel this is a crop to replace peas in our area.
    Barley the early that's swath has issues with Geese and wet swaths. Early standing is breaking heads and short. Late had frost and will be lighter. So barley for malt might be hard to find. Rumor is the USA barley crop sucks.
    Oats the early seeded is very nice but is approaching that get it harvested or will start loosing seeds do being to ripe. Late is thick also but will be lighter with frost.
    Flax is their on some fields but not on others. Still looks like a crop but no where near last years yields.
    Canola is lighter smaller seeds and thinner than last year. Most is swath except guy who seeded in June 25th it is dead because it was still flowering. Normal seeded is ready to go as soon as weather breaks.
    So to sum up the week again one day harvesting. Ground is wet with water laying in fields. Yields are real easy its no F$%king 2013. Its not like 2010 but really the best way to describe the crop is a drag race. You take off at 0 to 66 and back again in a quarter mile.
    Tough to get a big yield when you have zero spots.
    Also farmers if you give a crop every thing I mean every thing from fert for 66 bushel a acre to seed treatment to best sprays for weeds and disease and bugs mother nature still determines your yield in Canada. Just because you went by the book your not always rewarded. Week of hard rain at flowering probably F$%ked up more yield in our canola than we thought.
    Its a crap shoot and some years you win and some you get shit on. Welcome to getting shit on. Lesson 1 oh 1.
    Have a great week looks like the weather will hold. (ha ha Ha like talking tom and Environment Canada), But the most important part its just a F$#King crop so be safe and enjoy.

Market beieves we have awesome Canola out their. Harvest operations are also starting up in Western Canada, which is shifting the nearby attention to yield reports and production prospects.

“Certainly there are areas that are disappointing, but there are a lot more areas that are reporting better yields than they were expecting,” she said.

Improving yield prospects weren’t necessarily bearish, but will help limit concerns over supply tightness.

From a technical standpoint, the November canola contract hit an inter-session low of $409 per tonne last Thursday (Sept. 11), but managed to hold above the $410 level in subsequent days.

“I couldn’t put a number on the canola downside unless I could put a number on the soybean downside, but that’s just too hard to do right now,” said Tjaden Lepp.

In addition to the Canadian harvest pressure and large U.S. soybean crop, South American weather will be hugely important looking ahead. Farmers on that continent will begin planting crops soon, and acres are expected to be up, said Tjaden Lepp.

Comment

On yields its rather simple.
      In a line from PA to Stoon to moosejaw down to border. West vs East.
      In East take last year and on Canola 35% below last years yield. For the math dudes out their.
      60 x 38% and you have your yield for west of the line take 66 x 20% and you have your yield.
      So basically its a small crop don't let the BS artists out their tell you different every one of the sick sick experts has never set a foot on soil doesn't know jack shit about growing a crop or what mother nature dishes out.
      Wheat is similar and barley and oats and peas and flax who knows.
      Again have a safe fall time will tell if I am correct or the experts.

Comment

Again your yield so if it was 38 in our area its a 23 to 25 bus crop. Rather simple process.

Comment

Lentil crops being abandoned as well as durum which is mostly a five with crop insurance writing off some feilds allowing them to be burnt canola yields average(what ever that is any more)not sure up in gods country. Spring wheat sounding like a three but not sure if enough has come jn latly to make that call

Comment

Funny, the BTO I had to keep up with during seeding according to crop insurance is letting their lentils go to shit. Big claim there. And crop insurance is rubber stamping the process.

Comment

Getting started on wheat finally.. Surprised at the bleaching. Leaving strips for adjusters from a July storm. Anybody else pissed at AFSC for consistent late adjusting?

Comment

Blackpowder that is ridiculous service.
                SMHI got us our cheques from an August 4th hail storm two weeks back.

SF3- I think a 25bpa canola average for Sask is realistic.

Comment

Blackpowder, tell them you want to do some fall work on it as soon as your done dcombining it.

Comment

3 days of dry canola so far for us, lots of wheat in area close to dry, 15% to 18%, being combined, straight and swathed. Hope to miss shower tomorrow for DRY wheat Saturday! Humidity too high yesterday, need DRY air, got the wind now! Everyone roll, it's Sept 18 already. Dry it later.

Comment

Rain coming next weds. Sounds like a soaker. Darnit

Comment

Blackpowder, tell them you want to do some fall work on it as soon as your done dcombining it.

Comment

We have 300 acres of canola left to harvest. Last night very tough to put through we had fog till noon yesterday. L252 canola when conditions are tough is like combining barb wire. Not complaining too much though as last nights canola was probably averaging 70 bus/acre.

Wheat harvest done last week and we are now assessing quality. Protein is averaging 14.7, but there is some mildew. Basically zero fusarium. We'll have to see if mills will overlook the mildew. We'd like to check falling numbers as well.

Cows grazing alfalfa as second cut here didn't happen with unco-operative weather. It's making good pounds on the calves.

Re grown ryegrass stubble is going to be fantastic late season grazing for a long time if the snow stays away.

Some ryegrass seed has moved to processor. Canola contracts are filled. Wheat is binned waiting to assess quality.

New anti depressants are being ordered. Current prescription can't keep up with Saskfarmer 3's posts.

Comment

Klause i seen they are calling for a big rain event starting next wensday night and lasting all week,we get the amounts there saying guys are going to be shut down for a long time.Wonder how much crop,will be staying out for the winter?

Comment

Hey stuck in a flat waiting on the pull tractor! Long belt real long belt! Just tired of bull shit from all sources in ag! Tired of hearing about big usa crop that froze! Australian big crop that has issues! Great crops in Europe thats shit food quality! And so on and so on! Throw in if you give it everything it has to give you a return from industry! Ot the price of Chemicals or Fert or seed or equipment has to go up for us to survive as a company but you stupid farmer grow the shit for nothing because it's your duty to supply us the pigs with cheap food! Oh my outside voice! Pull tractor arrived were out now on with my day! Risking our lives so pigs get fat! Cheers like Tom says! ah shit I dropped my Mickey!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...