• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice stuck combine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice stuck combine

Hit some kind of mother****ing sink hole where the front right tire sunk to the axle of a 9760,damn thing was empty,all other tires on top of ground,so bascally i need to get to the front axle and dig out the tire some?did i answer my own question or can i chance the rear tow hook thing?

Had something similar happen this afternoon. Was able to lift MacDon header just enough to get transport wheels under, and then disconnect header before starting to pull backwards. Not sure it would have come easy with header still attached.

Comment

The tow hook will handle it. We've had ours buried bad and always come out backwards. Last Friday night we sunk one bad enough the front axle on the LH side was underground. It was sitting on the belly.We had our quadtrac on the back wouldn't budge it. So also pulled with our excavator moving the whole boom and stick back towards myself. Man they have power when pulling towards themselves. So ya, your ass end will handle it.

Comment

Yes sorry we also took our pickup off first with the excavator cause nothing else could get close enough to lift the high side to get the pins out.

Comment

cottonpicken, Duals or no duals?
          Running red so can't comment on the integrity of your tow hooks. Best of luck and do it safe. Let us know how she went.

Comment

We always pull forwards, one or tow combines been written off by a rear pull.
            We somtimes tie a railway sleeper to the wheel and rotate it to the bottom

Comment

Big big Tires. I mean lots of rubber. We use a strap that's 75 ft long and is meant to pull 600hp tractors out it cost way to much, ok no it is priced right it works. Hook on lift chopper so don't bend any thing, these are not ropes that give so snug and then pull. its a Deere it will come out backwards. slow pull. Been stuck I cant count the times. Be safe that's the main thing.
              MUD what a dud.

Comment

Duals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks was unsure how much the rear could take-thats what she said-so hopefully i dont end up like that guy that tore his combine in half and went into the barn and shot himself

Comment

Straight header? Off ground?

Comment

Just a minute I thought that it was all laughs and good times harvesting in conditions like that? You better look at all angles and think things over before you put the hp in action. Never mind what damage you will do to the machines just don't hurt yourself or someone else. I don't think that people realize how dangerous it is pulling out combines and airdrills that are stuck and suctioned right down to the ground. Forget chain if you can. Be careful and good luck. I know how stressed you are.

Comment

Since only your one front drive wheel is down and empty hopper. Otherwise if back is down and more grain in tank the cable likely should be attatched to front axel and run under rear axle for lift. Although maybe them big new deeres can take anything.

Comment

Just barly came out with second big tug which i would not have done without the advice so thanks and thank god for tow straps

Comment

Just wondering would ins cover it if things went all bad?

Comment

JD 9500, one wheel sunk to axle. Can I pull out backwards, without someone in the cab? I'll empty the tank first. 100 foot cable. Leave the combine shut off? In neutral? I plan on digging down some and placing a short 4x12 plank for the wheel to climb up and out on. I'm only five feet to the grass and more solid ground. Mostly wondering about the combine being shut off, or started, so as to not cause damage, nor incur resistance to rolling. Thanks

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...