• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Color Sorter: would you hire one

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the price of low quality wheat it should be burned in the field. Not cleaned, handled, turned. Is it really worth it. Pulling a durum up from a 4 or 5 to a three probably makes sense, but red spring?

The world will never miss Canada's crop anyway. It's just the Producers who are going to get kicked in the nuts. ****ing Mother Nature took more than her fair share this time, then to have to deal with all those other pricks who increase their prices for their goods and services to us. And the crooks at the terminals stealing.....

There's gotta be a syndrome for people who want to farm!

I thought patience and tolerance were virtues that came with age, the older I get the less I have. May be the environment, think?

Comment

Klause
      Thanks for posting this!

We just hauled in 2rd off the combine straight cut... So in many cases where the wheat was mature... It will still grade a 2rd after this frost.

That near IR is amazing.

Elevators will be looking for good sound wheat... And after Oct 30 CGC standards grading. Of new crop, Grades will reflect the new crop quality. Bin and shop. If you get upgrade... Then the guy sorting gets paid after you get your money!
      Cheers

Comment

Tom. I'm glad to hear there are some people with good/fair quality grain. I think the guys in the Eastern Prairies are in trouble regarding quality. We sprayed our peas and cereals and its hard to imagine what it would have been like without because it looks like we didn't do anything......

Comment

A local seed grower bought a mobile colour sorter to help deal with last years ergot in this area. The machine worked very well by all reports.

For firsthand account of the economics, rental rate, efficiency, etc., contact Wes Froese at West Gro Seeds, Boissevain, MB.

I don't think it will help bad FHB grains as the vomi could/would be present in the sample even if off colour seed was removed.

Comment

Tommy there standards have changed already. Last years wheat is now grading a 2. It was fine last year but this year the buzz words are MILDEW and FUZ. Them bastards are all crooks. Anything to steal our money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...