• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$CND at 90 cent USD !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$CND at 90 cent USD !

Is your grain buyer passing on the exchange difference to you? Does their pricing sheet infer the futures price is in $CNDs? Do you understand that the exchange differential is being hidden in the BASIS???

We're a long way from par, baby!

Grain co and brokers have your best interest at heart after all if you can t make it farming the Asians will farm it because it's a smart thing for them to do to secure all the farmland they can.
    If we re too stupid to fight back we get all of this crap and should take it with a smile.

Comment

Our grain prices should be 10% higher than US prices not 20% LESS! What a system!

Comment

Where's all the people that talked about "ARBITRAGE" and how the open market was to be the great equalizer? That's what happens when the floodgates are opened without any checks and balances in place first.

Comment

You vill take what is offered AND like it...dems the new rules.

Very few farmer advocates anymore. Many farmers don't support the organizations that used to support the producer point of view. All brain-washed by Ritz and company...every dog for himself in this "new" open market.

Comment

Wilagro

You can say " I told you so" to me every day.

This has turned out to be a incredible **** up.

Ritz and company had a years grace to make an accountable system. They failed and by association so did I.

Comment

Most dogs in the fight are BIG dogs with a "I am smart enough to beat the system" mentality. The Billionaires still rule, they are many times bigger dogs. Watch those smaller ones get eaten.

Comment

Can't hear a boo out of Ritz.. Anybody see him lately? It would be nice to hear that he is actually alive and listening.

Comment

Arbitrage is Richardson, Paterson, and Parrish having lunch in downtown winnipeg deciding what price to set wheat at today, ohh yah, and the discounts too.

Comment

Nope, that's collusion/price fixing/thievery and the subtlest form of extortion you'll ever see.....

Comment

I well remember the old CWB telling me to take what I get and like it. They were price takers just like the rest of us. The difference is that now you can see what's going on in the basis.
                      The coffee row farmers can sit and crow all they like.

Comment

Do not think farmer owned companies were any better.
                        When time came to accept buyout offer, most chose to put owner interests ahead of farmers generally.
                        Growers benefit from those who perform a useful role in getting grain from producers to consumers.
                        Might be less criticism of grain companies if more had publicly traded shares.

Comment

Hopalong, like the railways, right?

Comment

I was one of those critical of railways, thinking that public opinion would pressure governments to force more regulation on them, eventually leading to lower profits and share price.
                            Not happening so far.

Comment

Money/profit trumps all, even level of service or fair pricing practices let alone the lowest on the list, public perception. The VAST MAJORITY have no idea what shippers and grain producers are up against. Take your position on the board, you are a pawn and expendible.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...