• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNA commercial

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FNA commercial

Yes cwb. Ad starts out and sounds like their saving the grain handling system. I got excited about rail investment when I first started reading it.

Why is it when FNA is in the subject line there is little response??

Comment

.....sure is allot of crickets in this thread!!!

Comment

I have no issues with producer dollars buying a portion of the new CWB, but is FNA the proper organizing force to do it? If there were shovels in the ground at their fertilizer plant well then maybe, but I grow more skeptical as each day passes.

That being said, I am a sucker for this kind of investment so committed some $ anyways, you can't play if you don't pay.

Comment

Did not say on the website if cwb was invoved the day I looked. Is ir actual cwb involvement? May as well express interest. Fna has not been pushng hard on the fert plant lately. I take it this must be part of next phase.

Comment

Why doesn't the CWB just issue an ipo for former permit book holders and sell the damn thing to farmers.

Then let them hire the right people to run it.

Comment

Bucket I like your Idea that I would consider investing in.

Comment

Sadly I suggested that to the CWB 800 number when they started the process a fee years back.

I assume ward and others never got the idea or didn't like it.

Comment

[URL="http://www.thestarphoenix.com/touch/story.html?id=10187099"]Starphoenix story[/URL]

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/touch/story.html?id=10187099

Comment

If they were thinking they would shitcan the fertilizer plant. Use the money to buy the CWB and get some long term supply agreements for fertilizer. Grain out, fertilizer in. Cars are loaded both ways.

Think the railways would be interested in that business model.

Comment

I bet they will need some investment dollars to study the idea. Round and round.

Block of grain facilities they only come around once in a lifetime? Lol. Give me a break.

Comment

Reminds me a bit of Sask Wheat Pools Project Horizon. They spent allot of money, verticle integration, capturing more in the value chain. Concretes (good idea but kind of comparable to SWP tombstones) hog barns, feedlots, stockyards, doughnut shops, then divest it all until they were down to the core business again, then devalue equity, bond holders, and sell it for....

Comment

All I gotta say is wow...the same folks that 24 months ago celebrated the demise of the Cwb now want to invest in FNA of all companies....? The cwb is gonna screw up their attempt on their own of trying to be a real grain co, let fna in there and they're gone that much quicker. Go to Vegas if you want to lose 10 grand quick

Comment

What is it that makes so many think that if only farmers owned it, things would be better?
                            Our record in owning and running non farm business is not very good.

Comment

Farmers have made good money owning inland terminals in this province.
                              These were good investments by farmers that added competition.
                              These are now being sold off to P&H, Viterra, CWB due to being profitable businesses.

With the CWB, I hope a company/group can take it over and provide farmers with more competition.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...