• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware of elevators not paying protien pemiums!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also a Department of Weights and Measures that should likely run tests on protein testers, but I've never seen it done.

Comment

I was told protein testers measure light reflection of the wheat kernels, is that right??
      Kinda b/s way imo with so much money on the table like this year. The same sample can vary 1/2 pt from elevator to elevator - has for years, that's $.35 a bus right now !!!

Comment

Weight and measures only checks scales.
        Protein machines are checked by each companies head office. As far as I know CGC does not check machines that the elevators use for buying. May do paper audit to see that they are checking, not sure. You would have to check with them. But I am sure nobody from the gov't physically does checks.

If you don't agree or think there is an error you can pay the CGC to do a protein test.

You should carry a check sample that has been checked against a CGC machines and ask to have it checked at elevator. That way you know how close they are, then make sure you are present when your truck sample is tested and read the machine yourself.

Just like watching bank teller count your cash.

Comment

Cgc checks them when they are on site grading forbtrains

Comment

I don't think the CGC is present any longer when the Inland Terminals are loading cars?

Comment

cgc hasn't tested cars in Rycroft for fifteen years, not since the wheat pool days, I was told the graders at the coast would not accept the terminal grades.

Comment

CGC can check the protein testers the day they're loading cars, but what stops anyone from pushing a couple buttons the next morning and recalibrating it to read lower till later in the week, when the CGC arrives again to load cars?

Comment

Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist,

While you guys were busy arguing over the glass of water, I drank it.

Sincerely,
                  the Opportunist

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...