• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware of elevators not paying protien pemiums!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my comments where did I say don't shop around.

All I said is that your attitude sucks, you constantly complain about everything.

If I was a grain or input company I would insert a pain premium for working with you

Comment

Grade, Dkg and prot on the same sample should be the exact same at all elevators. The deals should be made in the marketing office.
      If not the same there is something wrong with grader lack of training, human error or just trying to beat you.

Comment

Too many subjective grading factors that open the doors to cheating. Hard not to get ergot right but what constitutes damage regarding fusarium and midge and bran frost, etc....

Comment

Oops, I mean hard to get ergot wrong.....

Comment

Agree ergot can be a crap shoot at times. Fus, midge all other objective factors are black and white. Subjective factors, Ie: frost, mil are laid out in the degree of soundness and represented in the official standards.
            Problem is how many guys have had proper training on there use.

Bigger problem as I see is how elevators handle your sample and how that can/does scew results.

Comment

You are right in a way on ergot. 10 different samples from one load can give 10 diff results.

Comment

To me ergot is very straight forward. Pick out the black shit and weigh it. Its the midge and fuarium that I have problems with.... varying degrees of damage. CGC will see mine before anyone else.

Comment

Actually, you are right regarding ergot..... I see your point, its the luck of the grab(sampling process). But once its in the sample its pretty obvious what is damage and isn't. That is the point I was trying to make.

Comment

Yes got ya!

Comment

Richard it's about grading and not taking what they offer! It's shopping around! Why so some think it's my Attitude! Posts that get discussions going! Richards contribution is judging other!
                      Post something useful!

Comment

You mean like transparent reporting where they tell a reporting agency how much grain they buy as a number 3 on the prairies and sell as a number 1 off the coast ?

Comment

Yes, its called "Seller beware". AND AWARE!!!!

Comment

Yes there is it is called the Canadian Grain Act, Canadian Grain regulations and the Canadian Grain Grading Guide. All of which are administered buy the Canadian Grain Commission directly under Dept of Ag and Mr. Ritz.

In a nut shell, the Act tells us that the industry must follow the Regs and the Grain Grading Guide when handling and assess grain.

The Guide tells the industry exactly how grain is to be handled and graded. Right down to how it is to be sampled, how to handle that sample for grading, moist, DKG and prot assessment.

Sec 105 of act.

How to assess, identify and pick for every degrading factor and how to divide the sample down to get a representative sample for picking. How to assess DKG properly and record it.

Sec 106 of the Act.

Failure to do this they are liable of offence.

Sec 107 of the Act.

The way it seems to go tho is it is up to producers to watch elevators that they are doing everything by the book or else pay the CGC to assess for a binding decision. That is fine for the one load you send in but what about the other 200 or so loads.

My question is how many producers know how to properly assess grade or DKG so you know when to question and send in without feeling uneasy at elevator? Or how many farmers are even present when assessment is being made.

Do producers have to send in every truck load at $50 a sample to the CGC?

Comment

Yes it is to your best interest to learn the business your in.

You know the value of your check when you take it to the bank and watch the teller count it accurately. Why not with your produce at the time of sale.

When leaving the teller, when do you walk away? When $10 short 5cents short or when it is 100% accurate.

Comment

Buy the way the ACT, Regs and Guide are all on the net.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...