• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola dropping into the 380. ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macdon,

Fast and rough math would suggest price difference on a 3000 acre farm was $120/acre change in price alone.
    So, roughly, $360,000 of unrealized revenue.

To put that into a farmers perspective, that is the same value as 100 all inclusive vacations to Mexico for you and the Mrs.

Comment

Only rational explanation on oat market being in bull market and being priced over corn is miller's are taking delivery because they don't want to be caught short again this winter. So if they aren't convinced that rail service is going to be sufficient enough that they can sit back and wait for the big crop and carryover to come to them, what's this foreshadowing? Gonna be a long winter. Tune up the sleds and make the Mexican getaway two, three, four weeks instead of one. This vomi deal might be enough to bottleneck shipments again. Instead of not being able to sell #1 hrs it could be all grades. I'm not convinced anything the system has done to address this issue will get us rail this winter. Those energy prices puking are a double edge sword imo. Hope I'm wrong and recognize quickly so can reown the paper. But technically speaking other then being oversold there is zero reason to buy these markets. Easy to call bottom with no skin in the game. We haven't even had a higher weekly to signal hedge the shit. Jesse Livermore's rules should be looked at in this situation. Never too high to buy and never too low to sell. Pedv should rear it's ugly head again this winter. The cattle herd is down. Feeders should be even higher in a month or so as KS, OK, Texas plants more wheat to graze. The ethanol plants will be churning out ddgs, anyone watch meal volume today? China isn't buying and the US $ is running. I got my eye on 05 lows and until the market turns keep selling imo. As grain farmers we spend way too much time dickering over dockage and screaming we got screwed then spending some tuition and get educated on markets. Being the victim is the easy role. Grain buyers keep selling hope that we at bottom, and the market keeps crashing. Anyone run the difference in revenue on a 3000 acre farm last year from top to bottom of prices? Better wages then fixing tractors or haggling over 1s and 2s. The volatility nowadays would make grandpa puke. Drop a g on a good charting platform with live quotes. Watch try and learn. The jobs we thought were important, mechanical, welding, how to drive a tractor aren't nearly as important as sitting in the office and having "feel" for the market. Don't get me wrong you have to grow bushels. But we need to spend WAY more time in the office. Ah who knows could be limit up Sunday night!

Comment

Only rational explanation on oat market being in bull market and being priced over corn is miller's are taking delivery because they don't want to be caught short again this winter. So if they aren't convinced that rail service is going to be sufficient enough that they can sit back and wait for the big crop and carryover to come to them, what's this foreshadowing? Gonna be a long winter. Tune up the sleds and make the Mexican getaway two, three, four weeks instead of one. This vomi deal might be enough to bottleneck shipments again. Instead of not being able to sell #1 hrs it could be all grades. I'm not convinced anything the system has done to address this issue will get us rail this winter. Those energy prices puking are a double edge sword imo. Hope I'm wrong and recognize quickly so can reown the paper. But technically speaking other then being oversold there is zero reason to buy these markets. Easy to call bottom with no skin in the game. We haven't even had a higher weekly to signal hedge the shit. Jesse Livermore's rules should be looked at in this situation. Never too high to buy and never too low to sell. Pedv should rear it's ugly head again this winter. The cattle herd is down. Feeders should be even higher in a month or so as KS, OK, Texas plants more wheat to graze. The ethanol plants will be churning out ddgs, anyone watch meal volume today? China isn't buying and the US $ is running. I got my eye on 05 lows and until the market turns keep selling imo. As grain farmers we spend way too much time dickering over dockage and screaming we got screwed then spending some tuition and get educated on markets. Being the victim is the easy role. Grain buyers keep selling hope that we at bottom, and the market keeps crashing. Anyone run the difference in revenue on a 3000 acre farm last year from top to bottom of prices? Better wages then fixing tractors or haggling over 1s and 2s. The volatility nowadays would make grandpa puke. Drop a g on a good charting platform with live quotes. Watch try and learn. The jobs we thought were important, mechanical, welding, how to drive a tractor aren't nearly as important as sitting in the office and having "feel" for the market. Don't get me wrong you have to grow bushels. But we need to spend WAY more time in the office. Ah who knows could be limit up Sunday night!

Comment

Below is the link to September COPA weekly. Better start to the season for crush volumes.

[URL="http://copaonline.net/"]COPA[/URL]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...