• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percent harvest completed.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Percent harvest completed.

Just curious how far along most are with harvest 2014. Seems to me this should be a major story yet no one really is picking up that the weather is not cooperating one bit with harvest.
    Yes the east is two weeks behind in crop development and did catch up a bit this summer with the lovely week of high temps but still the lows of the week will effect some of our crops.
    I feel on our farm 15 to 20% will have some issue. My soy is between a 6 and 6.5 on the scale of maturity. Yes a light frost would just get the tops in a thick canopy if it lasted just a short time. The minus three would do damage.
    Late barley is close and so is oats. Both would be weight loss but if it stays cooler for a extended period with no frost maybe the weight would stay up. If we turned hot hot after yes their would be big losses.
    So basically what percentage of your harvest have you completed and your area.
    East Central Sask. 9% peas the useless crop of 2014 and yes were now on to either canola or HRS when we dry out and can start harvesting again.
    So where are others at.

53% completed. Just swathed canola and durum left to go..

Comment

Got to 15%,somehow.

Dont have any experience with frost and flax,can anybody fill me in?

Comment

Once flax has a hard flax its easy to swath. That's all I know!

Comment

20% humboldt area

Frost would hurt our canola but it's shit anyway so crop insurance would have to pay a little more.

1 quarter of late oats would be light ish.

Comment

2% combined - 0% swathed. Oats is lodging worse with every rain. Canola can be swathed now (in the rain perhaps). Durum is ready to be sprayed but fuz is looking bad. Will be lucky to get a #3 for it. Sclerotinia will take its toll on canola yields.

Comment

Swathed 150 acres barley. Combine still in shed

Comment

Percent done isnt the be all and end all of this topic. I could say I'm three quarters done and only have a section in total to do. Or I'm done but only had a half section...

Now don't laugh... we only (compared to some of you) farm about 2400-2500 acres depending how much we have to give up to water. With all that being said we are one third done. Peas are all off, about 2/3 of the.canola is combined,.the rest.is swathed and everything else is standing, if you want to call half lodged cereals standing. Flax and mustard is hold up quite well.

Comment

4 percent here , nw of Yorkton, Peas turned out not bad actually low 40,s. Barley yields are poor, some light. Frost will screw up a lot of canola, lots getting swathed the last couple days really green.

Comment

I thought about starting swathing a few days ago and trying to beat the frost, but I decided I would rather take my chances with what might be a light frost rather than knock it down green.

Comment

40% done , peas and 1/2 of the wheat done.

Comment

Ok farm your correct we seed just under 10000 and yes it's 900 acres! Rain all way to valley and sloughs are steaming today! Hm it's warm out!

Comment

Weatherman says we have a few colder days on the way! WTF! It's 2.3 deg now! If ever there was a time you wished that the forecast was wrong, this is it!

Comment

42 percent done of 7000 without a bunch of air bins would have been far lower.
                            Canola just completed swathing some of its going to get cooked if the -6 forecasted holds for Thursday. Looks like Nov out there this morning.

Comment

18 percent. Another 20-25 is ready when the weather straightens out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...