• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same boat my ass!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same boat my ass!

Could not agree with you more Saskfarmer. Here is our area: 2011 virtually zip seeded, 2012 small acres because of 2011, 2013 good crops, but then decline in quality half way thru because rains started again, 2014 another shit show, mudded in, now in excess off six inches of rain in twentyone days (17 inches since May 20). All who virtually seeded zip in 2011, and now have had in excess of six inches in the past twentyone days post it, so we can see if we are in the same boat. One more rain here and my next post will be from a boat.

2006 seeded 110 acres of wheat. Rest unseeded.

2007 seeded 0 with drill. Seeded 140 canola by plane, and had 260 acres of winter wheat.

2008 a decent crop.

2009 a decent crop.

2010 NOTHING seeded.

2011 half flooded crop

2012 Poor canola aster yellows. Good wheat.

2013 poor canola, too wet a start. Good wheat. Good canary. Poor flax. Some left out over winter, turned to snot.

2014 Canola actually surprisingly decent, later fields VERY frost prone, Peas, lots there, but how can a guy get 'em in this weather, wheat excellent but VERY frost prone, canary VG, barley VG.

It all for me depends on frost. And if it quits raining. Very concerned about frost, we are always later and 2/3 of my canola is too green. My wheat is not maturing. Peas are frost safe, but not rain safe. Barley getting to be a tangled mess. Canary a disasterous tangled mess.

Sheep keep grazing and costing me NOTHING. They are frost safe, they are rainfast, they are awesome. lol!

Comment

Ahmen......................

Comment

Way simpler to list our perfect harvests, 1984, 1991, 1999, 2008, 2013, all the rest vary with issues. Some were real spirit killing. Never learned a dam thing, no two are a like. But 100% of the time, a great year/harvest was NEVER followed by another. Shit years can follow another though. Keep your sanity or we can always surrender to Mother Nature.

Comment

want some cheese with your whine

Comment

We all take a turn at getting bombed ..We have all been in the same boat...just not at the same time...

Comment

Perfectly said Partners. Perfectly said. The memory of good years are what keep many of us going.

Comment

Every one good and bad . I am spraying peas at the moment that I estimate at 15 to 20. Beside neighbours that are at 0 from roundup not that there was anything before. My crop better on timing I think. But **** can sow thistles grow.

Comment

Every one good and bad . I am spraying peas at the moment that I estimate at 15 to 20. Beside neighbours that are at 0 from roundup not that there was anything before. My crop better on timing I think. But **** can sow thistles grow.

Comment

Definitely not all in the same boat, some are in life rafts and others in luxury cruise ships. I consider myself lucky and do have sympathy for those who have had way too much rain. We dodged alot of bullets this year, but not suffering from lack of rain either. Most of the crop is decent.

Comment

Hopper,
                      If the good farmers in your area have crops that look like shit on a sidewalk, what do the organic fields look like?
                      Did they even bother to plant this year?

Comment

Sint know of any organic fields around here... but the one canola fI eld next to Hoppers wheat may as well have been organic. 85% wild oats 5% cleavers 10% canola. Wow.

Comment

You should go over to Hoppers house 5am, pound on the door and (knowing its not his crop) give him an ear full about his ugly canola crop. Then you offer to rent that piece of land from him for low rent because you will clean it up for him.
                          Then he will know you are a good farmer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...