• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada loses 110000 jobs USA gains 142000

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should come talk to 90% of the employers and business people around here.

Comment

Furrow, I don't have much connection to teenagers and 20 year olds any more, but I don't know of one of those that is even close to what you say. All young people I know are busting their butts to get ahead. Lots put off raising a family till they're 30 or more, the fathers as old as 40. My wife and I started our family at 24.

Comment

Same here, small town and farms kids, all are working after school, between SIAST/university years. All the son's classmates have jobs/education and are working. There are a lot in oil/gas industry, earning big bucks, some farm also. Ours a journeyman auto tech and the other 4 years with COOP, after 2 years university. He cancelled that idea. Nieces and nephews are have careers/education, one farms after work. Know of no kid jobless at home. Yes they are also very connected lots of "friends" and text, etc. Maybe better work ethic in this area, or my backyarditus.

Comment

Here in Western Canada young kids from rural backgrounds have a work ethic...

Consider this:

93% of eastern era between 18 and 26 quit the oil patch within 2 weeks.

26% of westerners of the same age quit within 2 weeks.

If you are rural or semi rural you go after work and success. It seems if you are urban not so much... just my observations

Comment

I think everyone's observations are accurate based on their individual experience. All of my young relates are employed. Very few have no zip.
            Would I place a help wanted ad down east?
            Not even maybe!

Comment

From what I've found working off the farm for 15 years, I would agree that rural prairie young people are hard workers. It would likely depend on the family and the values of the person as well.

A person the same age from Toronto will have a high % of being a useless worker in addition with being very arrogant. (Not always the case but fairly likely)

Comment

Down east i'm thinking its multi-generational affluence.Its here to,maybe not as bad.

Thats a stunning stat Klause.

Comment

The last three posters have made comments that eastern Canadian young people are not as employable or willing to work as western young people. I would like to know how you can make the comment? There is a lot of rural towns and farmers in eastern Canada. Do you not think they would have work ethic? To get a real handle of the situation of what is happening in Eastern Canada, I would think you would have to live there.

I realize there is a lot resentment towards Eastern Canada here on Agrville and maybe posts are made on that basis.I don't think that western Canada has some kind of secret formula over eastern Canada in producing employable young people.
                  Making speculations here on Agriville isn't a very accurate indicator.

Klause

I have two nephews and four bother in-laws in oil. According to them good and bad workers come from all parts of Canada.

Comment

Those stats come from my company's HR department... I think I still have the memo

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...