• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most samples of hrs are 3s or worse around here... should make things interesting

And a money losing crop, 2014 a dud.

Comment

On account of what? My dad always told me they were extra picky this time of year. If you haven't signed one of "THEIR" one sided contracts or dont need the cash flow and can wait it out, give it a try. Sooo, if a bunch of guys signed 1 and 2 CWRS and its all #3 (according to who?), whats the unspecified discount? See where I'm going with this. MAYBE it's one of those "subjective" grading factors that varies depending on who is picking. s

Comment

Buyer says sign for 3 or feed, any deferred contract you like/need. Then the current discount is locked. It will widen IF quality is poor, bet the farm. Good luck on movement if there is a lot of 3 and feed.

Comment

Farnaholic, I agree that elevators grade hard at this time of year. In 1974, it froze hard August 18. Our durum was downgraded to feed. Our father could keep his durum until spring. His graded #2. That year, the difference was approximately $5.50/bushel or more. Lesson learned!

Comment

I bought grain 20 years ago. the problem is if you give a guy # 2 of the combine and the grade goes # 3 at the coast you will have to adjust your buying. the guy comes in and you will buy the next loads for # 3 then there is hell to pay because you said it was #2 in the fall.

Comment

Why would grade change going to coast?

Comment

wmoebis.... Something about the train ride to the ports, it changes it, and only gets better.... LOL

Comment

I think the graincos grade their own grain at port now when cars unload so they cant use that as an excuse to over grade at the elevator.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...