• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caution

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, i am saying companies have big forward sale programs in place and are focused on executing those sales and purchases already made.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how many Producer sales contracts can't get filled because of the shitty pea crop. Hope the middle man can source product to fill those, but it may be in their benefit if they can find cheap product....

I think you're absolutely right Dave, I wouldn't buy a bunch without having unfulfilled forward sales or be able to match the new purchases with a buyer. No other way of hedging special crops...

Comment

just guessing but isnt the lentil crop in more trouble than peas?

Comment

Well Grass, I for one am enjoying my marketing freedom. For me it is working very well and I still pinch myself regularly to make sure it isn't a dream. 40% of my acres are in wheat. I would change nothing on the selling side of this crop.
          Industry logistics and movement are maybe another thing.

Comment

Blackpowder,

I second that motion! Walk a month in management of a large Canadian grainco... and it is clear we all have risks, rewards, and recks! The CWB is here... the arbitrage function it is supposed to provide... IF THE BASIS IS GREATLY out of line... proves it is powerless to provide the market power it so fondly claimed it possessed.

Personal responsibility is always the best policy!

Comment

Buyers are going to get caught with there pants at their ankles real soon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...