• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we died and went to heaven

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we died and went to heaven

Cutting 58 bu yellow peas that are 5 inches high thanks to the rain.... 3 to 4 mph not a pod nor a seed behind thr combine.

I've helped out a friend who had a mac don fd70 in front of a Lexion 595 and this thing cuts cleaner and feeds smoother!!

What are you using?

Comment

Agco 5100 d****r

Comment

Try a 8200 flex - you will throw the d****r in bush

Comment

8200 a true flex header and when used with auto header height control and auto tilt is pretty darn good, just floats along, ground was "wet" under the canopy and pushed no mud. It is kinda noisy being an auger table. Schumacher sickles and guards....never replaced fewer sickles or guards since we started using this thing versus swathing we used to do.

Comment

Furrow, did you try the Dynaflex?

Comment

We used one last yr on demo... not the greatest in our rock country.
              5100 isn't a "TRUE" flex but ìt follows the ground well and feeds great... we have the auger option on it

would like to try the Dynaflex. . New agco flex d****r but sticker shock on the price ouch.

Comment

. All I run is 635 hydra flexes. Work great in the south when you have dry crop.. Not so great if it's a little tough at the bottom as the stubby guards tend to want to push sooner than a Schumacher. Might put Schumacher knife on a couple next year. Simple tho and will absolutely shave the ground In Peas and lentils if set and run properly. Work great for semi dwarf durum I grow but suck in taller varieties. fNever take them off to move just hog the road and go. Forever being harassed to go flex d****r but don't see the need. Glad to hear things are working well for you Klaustopher

Comment

I think we died and went to hell....lol. 22 bu peas does not justify spending money on a new header.

Comment

I think we died and went to hell....lol. 22 bu peas does not justify spending money on a new header.

Comment

I posted twice so my yield is now 44 bu/ac. If I post once more, I'll beat you Klause.

Comment

Give er!

I agree... lots of poor peas around here too... lots didn't make harvest.

Comment

Tried one out a few years ago - just in wheat though , but I can buy 2 35 ft 8200's for the price of one Dynaflex or MacDon.
                          An easy fix on the header/auger noise - Take out the the top stripper plate behind auger and replace with a poly strip 2 in wide with a 45 deg angle in front. Run it tight to flighting and noise will be gone, no more wrapping and the auger no longer flex's and bangs away.
                          We did this about 5 years ago - the Agco boys were out took pics then disappeared.
                          All the have to do install a full length 1/4in or thicker poly strip on each side and those heads would run smooth and quiet. That metal on metal with an unbalanced table auger is stupid in the first place IMO

Comment

J d green do the 635 have a quik kut type bar?

Comment

furrowtickler,

About the stripper. My header could use this poly upgrade also. How thick is your poly stripper? Supplier? Why the 45 degree angle?

Our peas are in the bin. Yield was 10% above our long term average - lucky us. Hope the rest of our crops do the same.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...