• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Fusarium Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That practice will bite you in the ass. Don't misrepresent your product. The mistrust I rant about can go both ways. Once caught expect the microscope everytime.

Comment

I ate about a gallon of my hi fuzz wheat last year and no problem. In my opinion and a lot of others klause is that it is over blown.

Comment

Combined 40 acres of wheat today..Grades #3 because of Fuzz...

Comment

Don't worry Partners, in afew months it will be a two. They won't pick it as hard....

I'll never forget that time I had some durum I wanted to get off the back of a truck(bins were full). I took a sample into the terminal and they "picked" it from a weighed sample. They weighed what they picked out and it came up a two, they "looked" it over some more and picked it harder until they had enough to make it a three. I would have never believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes. Needless to say they never got it. And people wonder why I may be a little cynical????

Comment

I think this grading will be a mystery for a while.

What % of fusarium is allowable for #1, #3, #3, Feed?

I would assume this will also vary between different grain companies (similar to protein deductions or green in canola).

Comment

CGC grade determinants for HRSW...25% #1, .8% #2, 1.5% #3, 4% feed. Guidelines...but as mentioned it depends.
              Also think overblown, and mainly/primarily a down grading instrument. If I got the fuz tho, I don't hide it from the buyers.

Comment

that's point 25 (.25%) #1.

Comment

There is a 40 cent per bushel discount from #1 to#3...for now...depends on how much #3 there will be..I am sure they will not narrow the spread..So what to do? dump it now???

Comment

If you are down graded by your buyer, what do you do?

Accept/trust his assessment and take down grade?

Assess yourself so you can confirm/question?

Ask for binding CGC "subject to" pay the $50 and wait for results?

Comment

Where does that grain sit while waiting for the results. Limbo doesnt exist in grain handling. They have to put it somewhere and special binning is nearly impossible. So do they err by putting it in the higher or lower grade bin. With blending capacity, I dont know if it matters....

I think we should all show up armed with the knowledge of knowing what we have so they can't as easily try to dupe you.

Comment

Absolutely true, know your average sample, CGC, every grain co, many buyers/eyes. However, each load is looked at and they vary. 1.6% and they pay for feed, discount of??? They ship at 1.4% and pocket the diff. I foresee a lot of border line samples and screwed farmers! Tell us all whose eyes are to your advantage.

Comment

IMO if self storing it...buying time isn't an option at this stage of the new crop game, then you're hooped.

Comment

mbdog Are you thinking grading % are going to change? I don't think so.

Comment

No...not implying that at all. Just saying time may be your best friend, and generally worst time of year to "have" to sell something.

Comment

Am thinking because there are higher contracts for new crop from as far as 10 months ago the fusarium dockage will be high. Not the time to sell untill seeing what you have just a suggestion to put it in bin. Today a 6 dollar contract could be less than todays local feed. In my opinion after being educated on fusarium we always had it but never docked.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...