• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at the 7 day Forcast! Canada is Going to join the World with Quality Issues.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the 7 day Forcast! Canada is Going to join the World with Quality Issues.

Our 7 day forcast changed today and now its Hot today then the wheels fall off for 6 days Cooler and Rain rain rain.
    So Alberta with early crops and West Sask with Early if your ready to harvest probably Quality will begin to creep into the question.
    In East our barley that's swath or just ripe for strait but not exactly just ready will also see issues.
    Ah got to love farming. But at least were part of the World Club.

Basically if you can go today or tomorrow giver because rain doesn't make grain it destroys crops!

Comment

Every day that goes by, the window gets smaller, the days get much shorter and every year the Prairies gets winter. But there are hopefully opportunities between now and then to get something done, be prepared.

Comment

Every day that goes by, the window gets smaller, the days get much shorter and every year the Prairies gets winter. But there are hopefully opportunities between now and then to get something done, be prepared.

Comment

It is August boys. If this were October 25th, I would have nervous sentiments. But I suppose if one is used to August harvests, this could be nerve wracking. lol.

Comment

Sf3

How does the claim with crop insurance change if it is too wet in the spring or too wet in the fall.

My answer is you get denied for not seeding and a production loss in the fall.

Same factors but scic is picking and choosing who they give coverage to.

Some of my later stuff would have been better not seeded. But I guess the production loss route works too.

If it rains again - the peas are done .

Comment

It's getting late. Short days ad weather, there will be crop left out if it snows middle of September. It's going to be bad.
              Ha ha what the **** do I know!!!

I get a kick out of farmers who try to impose bad weather onto others.
              Seeding time, spraying season, harvest time, Just say that "it's getting late" to a farmer and watch his disposition change.
              Try it, its actually kind of neat.
              Either way, we will put in a crop and take off a crop. That is our job.

Comment

And that should be our only job.

How many lawyers, doctors etc do you know that also do the floor sweeping, nursing, bed changing, billing etc. You get the point.

Farmers are multi taskers and for that we get taken advantage of by the rest of the industry that isn't as transparent as we are.

Comment

Hobby look at the fall forcast if it comes to be you will have crop out! This week you have today! That's it till Tuesdayoh that's the first week of September if crop is in swath or dead ripe grade issues happen! Sprouting in head standing or swath! My god do you farm or just hang out! The thread is with early ripe in best areas and early barley in ours if it rains for another week will we join the world and have quality issues! That's it not a speech on farming, god we all push to get a crop off in good quality!

Comment

SF3

Ever notice how buyers will pay more for poorer quality when it's short rather than pay for quality to begin with?

Comment

SF3, what should I do about the forecast?
                      Should I hang myself now? They can bury me in the bad weather, then that is one job done. Then finish harvest......because they are going to harvest bad weather or not!

Comment

The forcast isn't that bad!

Comment

I looked at the 14 day forecast for Regina on 3 different sites. Yup, you are screwed.
                          During those rainy days, you could be working on buying your fertilizer and bringing home next years glyphosate. You will save money and will not run short if there is an interruption in supply.
                          Plus you will score a shwack of air miles for winter vacations.
                          Best management practices.

Comment

Hobby, your daily sarcasm quota is full, no more till tomorrow. Over delivery not allowed without a penalty

Comment

7 day forecast for Regina. 7 days rain! Hm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...