• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice

Trying to finish up some canola getting stuck or almost getting stuck quite often,impossible to see where it is wet,getting close to where shatter will be a problem.Never straight cut before.Swather is older with the small tires,cant push through hardly anything.

Should i keep struggling,or straight cut the bitch?

If it's twisted and laying down so wind when dry doesn't shell! If tall and thin try swath! Light hail screws you also! Or of like us in 2010 leave big areas harvest strait when ground froze! Good luck!

Comment

This isn't advice just an opinon. Pod seal products proved useless. Straight cutting is only recommended for well tangled lodged type crops versus thinner more erect plants prone to "thrashing" against each other in the wind. Then there is the custom swather option. Or struggle through it. Unfortunately the forecast doesnt look good for already wet field conditions with crops on the verge of shattering, can't even use the rain to aid in shatter prevention when you can't navigate the field to begin with. Good luck Cotton.

Comment

Let the ground dry and straight cut it.

Comment

Heres a nother dumb question. Im by myself most the time so is it possible to pull on a swather without anyone in the cab. Just a few feet or so without hurting anything?i no id never do it normally

Comment

Disengage the drive wheels.

Comment

Another piece of advice, make sure you have bug spray in the swather cab
              The walk back to pull tractor and all the fun that goes with pulling out, the Mosquitos will drive you insane just making an already unpleasant situation far worse.

Comment

If it's a hesston with chains you'll break the chains. If it has torque hubs you can just disengage them as hobby said.

Don't pull without it or you will screw a 3200 torque hub.

Comment

ThAnks for the advice was preety sure i couldnt but it would have saved a whole lot of pissin around

Comment

If you are collecting crop ins on it anyway them straight cut it. if not I would try and get it swathed.

Comment

N our area you can try staight cutting. After a while when crop ins runs out might have to raise q crop

Comment

X2 on the mosquito spray advice!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...