• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some day we have none

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some day we have none

hail insurance is a bitch... you pay a hefty premium for coverage to assume you have coverage...only to find out they low ball any adjustment and just plainly send you on your WAY....

Which company provided the bad adjustment?

Comment

Don't have hail in a year when everyone else is getting it too. Only so much in the pot.

Comment

We really need for the government to step in and regulate by prividing a hail ombudsman who will intervene. The farmer is at the mercy of hail companies and you know who has the trump card.

Comment

While I would never advise anyone to quit buying hail insurance, we haven't used it for years. I'm almost at the point where I would rather have hail than a hail adjuster show up at the farm. Very bad memories of hail adjusters.

Comment

There has been massive auto hail claims in Alberta this year. Adjustments are made by 3rd party. Why can't crop adjusters be unbiased 3rd party by trained adjusters, one adjuster looks at crop and results are sold/paid for by all insured Co's.
            Not only hail, but all crop production as a whole.

Just a thought.

Comment

As long as third party can't be "influenced". Maybe agrologists who swear a professional oath.

Comment

With the property and vehicle damages in Alberta again this year, I can see a day when hail will be a separate policy, with a cost that is prohibitive to most. Especially considering that most of the damage being claimed is strictly superficial, yet costs a fortune. Like dents in the roof of holiday trailers and vehicles. As for cropland hail insurance, the cost is already prohibitive here, and I want nothing to do with their adjusters after having dealt with them on an unrelated matter. Confrontational would be an understatement.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...