• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desication and rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desication and rain

Our forcast looks crappy this week... peas are ready to desicate. Should we wait till it clears up or go spray?

First yr straight cutting them... think a good year to do it if it'll be pissing around every couple days.

We will be using glyphosate.

Sprayem. If it rains too much u probably will make more of a mess

Comment

Reglone is allot faster and more expensive. We do both. Reglone on the fields we save for seed(or if perennials aren't a problem) Glypho on everything else. Crap, they almost want it(Reglone) applied through an irrigation system, 20 gallons/acre. I went to 12 to 13 and results are pretty good if canopy isn't too dense, go late in the day or in cloudy conditions. Good thing about Glypho is you don't have to go back post harvest. Anyone taking their chances with Heat? MRLs may not have been worked out yet for all markets....(guess it depends on the crop and importing country too)

Comment

Don't get fooled by the "NEW" Reglone Ion product, 200 g/liter active with a built in adjuvant versus regular Reglone or "Desica" with 240 g/liter(made by same company and sold in barrels{115 liter}w/o warranty--echo when glyphosate was becoming generic!!) Ion costs allot more-you need more.

Comment

I see Heat is now registered, alone or glyphosate tank mix. What are thoughts on that vs Reglone?

Comment

Need some green In the plant for glyphosate to work

Comment

Leave it for two more days - then check forecast again. Don't prematurely ejackulate with reglone IMO...

Comment

Yes "heat" is now registerd and it kills everything - trust me..
                Lots of guys using Heat here to desiccate everything - I would be carefull on soil micro biology IMO. That shit is hot on everything......

Comment

As far as glyphosate may not want to do early morning with a late morni g or earlybafternoon rain forecasted. Afternoon with no rain. Glypho only needs 30 minutes but getti g it in our area to dry on could be a challenge at the moment. I would not straight cut your crop. From experience if you hired a straight cutter they would pull out assoon as they got one acre of unrolled land done.so do it yourself at a cost..just saying no custom opperator would do it.

Comment

Hopper look at our forcast.

No way in he'll will peas dry in a swath with showers every 3rd day.

A had almost an inch last night.

We are running a flex d****r on a tilt feeder house.

Times have changed... 3 years ago was shaving hills out in Three Hills ab with a 42ft header on a 595R Lexion at 5 mph with same type of header.

Maybe I'm wrong. We will know after this harvest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...