• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darmani

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darmani

Earlier thread someone mentioned Darmani.
    Question. Does anyone deal with them at all anymore?
    Bins maybe but surely not their air hoods and steel floors. Can't still be anyone as dumb as I was.

I just mentioned I bought a 7.5 HP Sukup fan from them which I'm happy with.
    (This was the only dealing I ever had with them)

You are not happy with their products and service?

Comment

They always seem swamped. Very bust, too busy to answer the phone or call back with information. I do recall a fair amount of frustration for a coupler of 19 foot steel floors. The floors seem good.

Comment

My brother has four of their 21 ft bins. I would buy one if I had a choice. Every edge is sharp and the sidewalls are as light as you could possibly make them.

I think once they mentioned about having the lift engineered for the air tunnel, which I am positive means they sat down and scratched it on paper.

Very poor service. The work crew was out on parole when they came to work on his bins. My brother didn't want to leave his wife in the yard by herself when they were there. Many loose/missing bolts.

I would buy a bagger before I bought one IMO.

Comment

I was thinking of buying two 10k bu bins. Maybe not after reading this.

Won't need them this year anyway.

Comment

OK. Many reasons. I saved $10k when I built my 2608. I will spend twice that to make it last.
            The air hood works but is a complete pain in the ass. Notice they leave braces out at the shows.
            Putting a 15000b bin on a steel floor is like putting a cup upside down on a pound of warm butter with a Kleenex underneath. Now push on cup. Weight is on walls, floor settles around edge. Sheets crumple and will eventually tear away from floor. What distributes weight?
            Now put a piece of cardboard under cup and push. Sure they will say your base must be perfect.
            But if you want a bin for life it must be on concrete. AND I would build We steel because in 5 or 10 or 15 or 20 years you can get any pieces you want or need. Crews are familiar with them.
            I don't sell anything. I farm only.
            Buy a Sukup if you want but build it right the first time. And buy just the bin. From someone who has a real dealership and not the funky weird setup at Fiske. You will be Pissed at yourself later I guarantee you.
            I am now forced to buy bottom angles for my Sukup and hire a crew to skid it off pour concrete and lift it back on. And put in real air and unload. Consider the cost of labor etc. for that.
            Save now pay later. Education is always expensive but a education in building trades and I would never have built this pos. As Gump would say. "That's all I have to say about that!".

Comment

Correction : I wouldn't buy one if I had a choice.

Agree with Blackpowder completely. For big bins put them on concrete. I don't think I would even go larger than a 21' hopper either unless there was 16" or more of concrete under it.

Comment

We have been satisfied with the 2 12000 bins we bought from Darmani a few years ago. I would like to convert out their aeration and make it into a full floor aeration system (Sukup make a good setup for this) We have had not issues with the bins but we hauled a lot of pit run gravel to build a thick base of 2-3 feet. Would I buy them again ? If the price was right, maybe but if I could swing a big hopper with a rocket I would go that way or a very large west steel on concrete.

Comment

We have been satisfied with the 2 12000 bins we bought from Darmani a few years ago. I would like to convert out their aeration and make it into a full floor aeration system (Sukup make a good setup for this) We have had not issues with the bins but we hauled a lot of pit run gravel to build a thick base of 2-3 feet. Would I buy them again ? If the price was right, maybe but if I could swing a big hopper with a rocket I would go that way or a very large west steel on concrete.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...