• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Useless Article! Outlook the heart of the Flood WTF!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Useless Article! Outlook the heart of the Flood WTF!

Canola Crop Proves Resilient as RBC Sees Price Declines
    The canola crop on Gerry Gross’ 1,200-acre farm in Outlook, Saskatchewan, is proving resilient. Yields will probably be the same as last year, even after heavy rain dumped 2 inches (5.1 centimeters) of water on plants in June, says a post from Bloomberg.com.
    “It’s a gorgeous crop,” Gross, 62, said during an interview in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, as he held up his smartphone to displays a photo of his dense, yellow field. “The whole farm looks beautiful.”
    Dry conditions in July helped some fields recover from record rainfall the prior month across growing areas in Canada, the world’s biggest canola producer. Improving weather combined with a better production outlook for fields that were outside the floodzone means that this year’s yields are poised to be higher than the five-year historical average, a CWB crop tour showed last week. Ample supplies may drive futures to a four-year low, RBC Dominion Securities forecasts.

My FIL has a friend who farms in Outlook. .. crops there do look amazing.

2" of rain is what we got in one afternoon of a 2 week rain storm.

What mindless dribble.

Comment

I have no doubt that the crops are awesome over their from what I have seen canola will have a good year west of a line from PA to Moose jaw.
      But a 2 inch rain to anyone living in the flood zone is a kick in the head. Shit that's a nice afternoon shower. Why some reporters just don't get it.
      But then Reading this morning farm link is bragging how this years pea crop will be the largest ever. WTF again moment.
      Useless reporting.

Comment

There will have to be some fantastic peas yields somewhere to make up for the shitty crops around here. Also allot of crappy canola in the area SF3 talks about will need excellent yields to compensate for their shortfall. I'm sure there are some real good areas but it will be interesting to see if the guys "counting the chickens before they hatch" are right.

Comment

I have to ask the question of what kind of farmer actually volunteers to be interviewed for these kind of reports. He might have great crops for an "irrigated" area but as a reporter why would u go to a producer that generally has to water his fields to get a excellent crop. U wouldn't catch me bragging it up when others have such terrible misfortune. Seems to only be shitting in is own cornflakes if u ask me.

Comment

Next time these dry guys have knee high wheat in August because it can not rain, I will sign up for an interview, and rub salt in the wound of those less fortunate than me. I will take a picture of my neck high wheat, and say everything looks rosy.

Comment

There is a reason why there is tonnes of irrigation at Outlook, the land is pourous - either sand or gravel.

Riverhurst is the same way. On a dry year they can't water enough.

The pivots around Riverhurst when I drive to the lake haven't run as often I have seen them in the past.

And some of the dryland looks as good as the irrigated stuff anyway.

Comment

That interview was done purposely to create "noise".

Market analyses continually talk about, "separating out the noise."

This noise was not created to bring farmers higher prices.

Others in the supply chain will have higher margins and greater profits if you take less.

What true farmer only has 1200 acres now days, other than those that were flooded out.

Comment

Boarder, what makes a "true" farmer? Cuz I have less than 2000 acres, but more than 1200. Just noticed you asked the question.

Comment

I agree with you completely about the "noise"...

Comment

free, the reason you have 2000ac is because you wouldn't be able to support your family on 1200. I'm not a huge farmer either, but 1200 acres is so 20th century!

Comment

It's called feed the market with bull shit! All companies do it!

Comment

i wonder if the same reporter could come to my farm.

Might add some balance to the reality of the crop in western canada.

Comment

I thought the rest of the "chain" were nice guys, not crooks? It's the free market big guys rule and farmers of any size are NOT the big guys. Staying under 2000 and happy, or obsolete and going backwards.

Comment

Clarification... the guys I'm talking about counting "Our" chickens before they hatch are the Trade.

Funny....people reporting on ag that probably couldn't tell the difference between a field of barley and durum.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...