• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Canada crop yields

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Canada crop yields

The CWB/Cereals North America crop tour has published is potential Prairie average yield forecasts and it points to a good crop overall except for fields wiped out by excess moisture.

The spring wheat forecast is 43.1 bushels per acre. That is well down from last year’s record in the region of 53 bu. per acre, but slightly better than the 2008-12 regional average of 41.4 bu. per acre.
    For rest of the results check out the Western Producer story at:
    http://www.producer.com/daily/canola-and-other-crop-prices-little-changed-awaiting-crop-tour-production-report/

43 BPA on what is left or on what was seeded???

That is a bit of an important factoer in the calculations - isn't it?

43 on 160 is 57 on 120.

43 on 120 left is 32 on 160 seeded.

But let's not get mixed up with facts. Too funny!

Comment

I am sure the markets will go by what is harvested, not what was drowned out, to make the numbers sound higher than they really will be..

Comment

That's average yield on intended acres. Does not take into account flooded or unseeded.

Comment

So is that like 30 on seeded/intended acres?

Comment

Yes at max. Would like to also know agronomists credentials on tour. Pretty yellow or green doesn't mean shit

Comment

They will be vary close on yield - but only better than half of that will be a #1. Far cry from last year and that's the main point guys need to look at not if it's 45 or 35 - ado your smoking too much weed with 30 imo. I have been from here to Yorkton to PA , Stoon and south through Leader, 43 is easy on wheat if you factor in west of us through Alberta, although the Peace is dried out, 43 will still be close - I will bet a 40 Captin Morgan on er.
              I will say slightly higher imo.

Comment

Furrow on the Wheat info they came up with I agree with you it will come in close to where they are guessing.
                Bucket look at your fields yes ours are the same 43 on a 120 acres is 32 on a full quarter that we seeded. No one gives a shit if we put inputs on the whole 160 to have it flooded out, their all paid. Try to get a chemical rep out to look at peas ha ha ha. I was told all pea crops are the shits be happy with what you have.
                So yea I agree the wheat yield will come in around 40 average and is in no way like last year. Wheat is the one crop (GO FIGURE WHY WE GROW IT IN WESTERN CANADA) survived this years different events the best.
                Its not 2013!

Comment

When people report yields to crop insurance, do they base it on what they seeded or what they harvested for acres?

My yields are based on what I seeded.

Comment

Bucket, our reporting is done on total production. How they figure it from there should be based on reported seeded acres. I usually fudge my numbers a little to the high sided to help climb out of the area average crap I'm subjected to for being a new farmer. Everytime I grow a new crop my coverage goes back down to something resembling an average crop in the 40's.

Comment

So the CWB does a tour and publicly reports findings. Right or wrong 'Good for them' I say.
                      The other marketing companies have staff in every area, every day watching/seeing what is happening daily. Reporting back to their marketing arm but not reporting anything to producers so they can maybe use some of the info.

I'd like to see a posted reort from every marketing Co. like the CWB did.

PS: Not sticking up for CWB but doesn't seem right that we only get one view. Used to be that every elevator, every Co reported to us through the CWB then we got a clearer picture from everyone/everywhere, weekly.

Comment

The differance is that the new CWB is looking for members/vendors/investors/partners. Fast forward to a publiclly traded company, in a few years, and whola, no more production reports. At least not publicly.

Comment

No what we need is an independent report like the US and Europe has by a 3rd party.

Anything a grain Co says will always be skewed in their favor.

My # are...

Wheat 47
                          Durum 50

Canola 29

wheat has lots of potential everywhere.

Canola is screwed everywhere. This heat while filling hurts seed size

Comment

I dont know what the durum number is but it is a strong crop and very little impact from flooding. And price is hot. Looks like a sell but i dont want to have a green pea moment pre harvest as i have had last couple years.

Comment

Canola not screwed every where . Variable but not screwed

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...