• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancellation of Variety Registration by Request in Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess what I'm getting at is their were men before you a hell of a lot smarter that believed companies would work with farmers for the betterment of agriculture and we'll one group keeps moving ahead and one is told to live with less! Do you know which one is us!
    I don't

Comment

I'm not smart enough to help much either.
      But I always got a charge out of the farmers who drove their Cadillacs to the post office to pick up their check off refund check.

Comment

Mehhh,i'm still flawed,5% return year over year does not mean 5% yield increase,because the top represents the profit which doesnt need to hit a 5% yield increase to equal a 5% return,but then to be fair you have to subtract the supply/demand variable discount as supply is greater.

Comment

I think once emotions cool off most us will agree that a canola model is not what we want but we do want progress and we are willing to pay but we aren't wanting to give up our rights to save seed for free without having a plan in place that will protect farmer interests

Comment

Bgmb I couldn't have said it better!

Comment

SF3. If people before thought that companies would look out for anyone than share holders, they couldn't have been that smart

Another thought is since we share a common boarder we could grow more American varieties. As pointed out it's already common in some areas.
              As it is now Canadian farmers have it so we can grow anything and deliver into US at street prices.

Yet if we try and grow a US or Unregistered variety all it can be sold as is feed in Canada.

This is one of those hypocritical positions that are undefendable when called out.

Comment

SF3. If people before thought that companies would look out for anyone than share holders, they couldn't have been that smart

Another thought is since we share a common boarder we could grow more American varieties. As pointed out it's already common in some areas.
                As it is now Canadian farmers have it so we can grow anything and deliver into US at street prices.

Yet if we try and grow a US or Unregistered variety all it can be sold as is feed in Canada.

This is one of those hypocritical positions that are undefendable when called out.

Comment

Gustgd

There is no good reason to deregister cereals any more.

It costs Nothing to leave them registered

We need the biodiversity of past seed to continue into the future without any restrictions.

Having some seed stock in a farmers storage anywhere is all it takes to keep a variety registered.

Very simple, and costs nothing for anyone else.

Cheers

Comment

TOM

plus one.

Well said.

If a variety isn't accepted by farmers in general it won't be used. It basically de registers itself.

Centennial peas disappeared pretty quick around here.

Canola has been treated like cars and trucks - diffferent packaging or a new name but basically the same thing, more money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...