• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My favorite crops have changed...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite crops have changed...

Used to be canola... now not so sure anymore...

Maybe it's just because we have receipies down for wheat and peas..... or cause they are pretty to look at... but for now anyway those are our new favorites.

Yours?

Some lighthearted fun conversation for a Sunday.

Off to spray foliar and fungicide and some mcpa on oats that's just at flag leaf...

The wheat sure looks Good, just wish it was worth alot more $$$$...Canola will probably make more profit...

Comment

Peas and lentils my least favorite because of disease pressures and having to "peel" them off the ground at harvest sometimes...

Canola: expensive crop to grow.

Wheat: is easy to grow but kinda worthless. Grading issues suck.

Barley: We don't like it. High volume low value. Doesn't do well for us, can't get the big yields and too high protein for malt. Malt has too many flaming hoops to jump through. And feed, well...

Flax has become something I like to grow and handle. One shot of Headline. Not a big input user. Weatherproof at harvest.

Haven't tried soybeans. I would like to see an earlier variety but think I would like harvesting them if it wasn't at the end of October.

Thinking about trying marijuana for commercial/medical and recreational purposes. Look forward to the increased cash flow.

Comment

Ask me after harvest but I've really enjoyed growing rye so far.

Comment

Right after next election, farmaholic, then EVERYBODY happy!

Comment

If they legalize it, everyone will be too f-ed up to care about anything, perfect for unpopular policy changes.

Should be good for agriculture though, increased food consumption to satisfy the munchies.

Comment

Yea my favorite used to be canola right up to this year, but expensive seed that's no better than we use to grow kind of kicks you in the nuts.
              Soy us it's replacement for crop I love to watch grow.
              Hrs and barley and oats come in a close second.
              Trudeau idea wall to wall flood the market so any one young and old can be stoned for pennies. Ah Canada!

Comment

my kids and soybeans...and not nessesarily in that order.

Comment

wheat of course.easy to grow,straightcut,and should average over 400 an acre on the wheat i will sell,freedom is good.

Comment

Canaryseed. Comes out of the ground like tiny green hair, sits there barely growing, then it goes stupid in the span of 2 weeks. Cheap to grow, easy to sell. And there COULD, at least in the olden days, be the chance of wild prices.

Ahhh heck, I like them all.

Lambs included.

And yep, kids too!

Comment

Alfalfa, if there was a market for it. Corn is fun. Hoping to switch from drilling to planting soys next year which would probably move them up a couple of spots

Comment

Eight points off the IQ for being constantly stoned. Do you guys truly believe that you wouldn't miss, or could afford that loss in your farming decisions?

Trudeau is an ass!

Comment

Only 8? I dunno... thr guys I work with in winter seem far more challenged than 8 points... more like 80?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...