• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic Farmer with realistic view on Neonics

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic Farmer with realistic view on Neonics

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/22/organic-farmer-perspective-dont-ban-neonics-but-put-aside-simplistic-views-of-harmlessness-of-pesticides/

This topic should get a hundred posts on a rainy day for sure. Sorta supports my thinking that banning gmo or glyphosate resistant crops that we may be doing the opposite of intended. Also no way in hell a seed treatment is going to ill effect the bees. Lets spray 5 times with something more toxic.

Comment

On the topic of bees and there necessity to pollinate: I am definitely no authority, but I have observed in my greenhouse which is 30x70 and totally filled with vegetables for 3 years now, that even though I do not have one bee, everything pollinates profusely. On the outset, I was worried about the possibility that it would turn out all green matter. The seed is all regular stock from store shelf. This leads me to wonder how this can happen without bees. There isn't any real wind nor mechanical pollinators either.

Comment

Agreed... kinda like Europe is against gmo corn but will spray known carcinogens on it to preserve yield... makes you wonder...

Comment

Honey bees are not the only pollinators. People need to realize that the way bees are managed these days is equivalent to an intensive livestock operation. As such the same risks exist.

Comment

http://www.realagriculture.com/2014/07/hive-health-takes-management-surveillance-bees-thriving-west/

Comment

Klause and ado raise two of the most important facts in this whole circus . People need to open there eyes a Loy IMO

Comment

Good report Lindsey

Comment

I'd comment but it's UFC night..

Comment

Parsley; UFC vs CFL? No contest?

Comment

Can we assume the loony "March Against Monsanto" crowd is getting involved heavily with this topic??

Comment

Oliver, I dint vote for the green party, but I agree with their president:

https://www.greenparty.ca/blogs/20430/2014-07-25/why-gaza-makes-me-sad

The thing is, commonalities are often found in the strangest places, and with the most unlikely people.

Today's adversary may be tomorow's ally. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...