• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much rain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klauses half became 9 tenths. Late peas need fungicide and i feel will have to use airplane now. Sprayers getting stuck. The bright side is the two week forecast looks like all sun.

Comment

35mm over 5days, don't mind it at all as the lower areas are already gone. Will lengthen the maturity date though, which is starting to look pretty scary.

Comment

Hopperbin, we were going to buy a new high clearance sprayer and when we did the math with leasing/loan costs, the time, the tracks, the labour, the possibility that we are infact spreading disease, we opt for the plane and keep the old sprayer for when conditions allow.

He can do the job in no time at all, cover all acres, and I can do my other jobs like getting ready for harvest. That's how we look at it.

Comment

When I was solo planting 30 quarters my custom spraying bill was over 50 grand. Meanwhile still doing the weed spraying. No fungicides were used in them days. Sheesh that was not long ago. So the economics of having the sprayer worked out providing I run it or have help running it. That 50 grand involved some 3.5 to 4 dollar per acre custom rate.

Comment

I also learned that custom anything is not neccessarily quality. What is quality worth?

Comment

Furrow - Just like you said. Overlaps lodged. Coming back up. Avoided the winds for the most part

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...