• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave did you drive east of research farm and look at HCI a lentils care to guess yield!

Comment

No, didnt see any lentils around there, and had long drive home after meetings and tour so headed west.

That's quite a resource in your back yard SF3. I am going to go back in later Aug to look at some of the birdseed plots again (and do final lentil tour of SE where i will focus more on yield estimates). Canary work is really showing some promise on fertility at that site of lower clay content soil.

Comment

When G Lafond was alive he studied lots their! It is a very important site that I hope we can keep in area! Hrs has potential canola is thin when you get in and some fields are total shit!

Comment

Glad to hear about Canary research. Much needed!

Comment

Close to the two inch mark here this morning in less than 60 minutes. Crops needed a wee drink, but now we look like end of june again. Wheat around here by far the best. Kinda makes me wonder if 50 years ago thats all they grew here was wheat, cause wet, dry, they always would get some kind of crop.

Comment

Annual ryegrass is getting close to harvest, weather dependent of course.

Early canola is podding like crazy. Mid canola still in full flower. Late canola on hay ground picking up a bit. So far, canola looks free of disease. Glad we sprayed as there are reports of high levels of disease in places.

Wheat advancing well.

Haying is 85 percent complete but we are back into a wet spell. Earlier cut fields are re growing nicely.

Trying to prepare for a wetter harvest. Long term forecasts could be better.

Comment

Rain last night with Hurricane winds. Haven't checked damage but winds and driving rain. Cereals probably have flat spots and canola that's thin could be twisted. More later. It was nice to get.

Comment

Rye looks good, over 5' tall and filling nicely. Canola is short and a little thin but what's there is has close to two feet of good size pods. Oats and wheat up north look really good but are taking their time. Canola looks like it will run in the 40's or better. Peas are patchy but pretty nice where they pulled through. We've got enough rain for this year now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...