• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail adjusting! Head office memo! No settling till harvest!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopperbin is right, SF3 should be paid in full for damage.

The companies I have heard horror stories about are McQueen and now Palliser Group.

Comment

The reason hail insurance companies can screw farmers royally is because the government allows tham to do that. Right now they make their own rules. They adjust just as they please-pay when and if they please. I am very disappointed in the governance of this indistry. I have had excellent coverage and not a complaint with Canadian Hail. I've been hailed out twice in two years with Lentils, Peas, and Wheat and was paid on the spot, both times. That's my experience. Also had another line company and they just followed with the same adjustment. Some of my neighbours not so lucky.

I paid my hefty premium up-front and They responded by being timely, precise and punctual.

As an aside, Lentils and Peas do not recover when their stem is damaged. Disease takes its toll, even when the crop is young.

Comment

Paid on 300 acres wheat 35% and 300 across road 27% and then they deferred 1000 canola that has regrew from stems on 300 and bolts and upper stem damage on 400 and was at cabbage stage on 300, peas that were 100 % flat gone chewed up also left till fall.
        Not a very happy bunch of farmers out our way.

Comment

What are you going to do about the weeds that will take off now? Been there and was lucky enough to be adjusted 100% on most of our acres. The hail storms were July 7 and July 14. We left about 500 acres of wheat for regrowth and bailed it because It turned out a weed-infested mess, maybe because we are poor farmers. This was in 2000 and then again in 2001. The hail adjuster told us that it is not uncommon for hail to follow the same path two years in a row.

Comment

We had virtually no damaging hail for 20 years then in 2000 we had half the farm wiped out followed by 3 years drought and then the 2004 freeze . During that time through 2008 we had hail claims every year . Hail storms since then have lessened or followed the more traditional paths

Comment

Furrow, are hail rates coming down in your area?

Comment

36 20 probably the highest hail rate anywhere yet I dont carry cause if you farm here its not worth it. Been that way for 40 or more years.

Comment

Probably has something to do with being a buddy to the adjusters.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...