• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritz just told all us flooded farmers to F&@k Off!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klause,

We have had years like you... had rice tires on Combine and had to run every half hopper to the road to dump.

Western Canada has wild weather. Too wet. Too dry. Northern US is no different.

Take a look at maps:

http://www.agr.gc.ca/DW-GS/current-actuelles.jspx?lang=eng&jsEnabled=true

It happens almost every year. SW Ab got it last year... worse than you. And they are just as wet as you again this year.

Comment

C'mon Klause, Google Dauphin historic weather data and you'll find average annual precipitation quoted between 490-510mm. If you only got 280mm on average (11.2 inches) i'd look more like a desert.

I understand you are in a wetter cycle and land is lost and flooded but that's not the same as getting 200-300% annual precipitation over several years.

Comment

I am talking rainfall... 5 ft of snow is a different story.

How much water do you think it takes to raise the three large lakes in Manitoba 6 meters?

Let's start by remembering no other prairie province has a lake that comes close to the size of Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Dauphin lakes.

Rice tires? HAHA HAHAHA.

JULY 5, 2011 a buddy of mine had me help him go out to his high clearance sprayer with a boat and bring it back... The water was up to the frame of a 4710 deere and since then it has risen to were old grain bins are submerged other than the lid.

I'm ssorry but if you live west of Saskatoon, you have never and will never experience this because of the lay of the land... how long does alberta stay flooded? A week?

Try a month. Or three. Or permanently when you are at the low end of the prairie drainage system.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...