• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presold production issues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTDT. Last yr presold a little wheat. Got very little rain in June so held off on more sales. Got a crop saving rain July 19 ended up with an average crop while every one else had a huge one. Price goes to zero. Wish I sold more grain sooner. Farming in western Canada bites you in the a** more often then not. I can't wait for the investors from somewhere else get that lesson. They deserve every bit of it.

Comment

sorry, i meant rising, not diving!,

Comment

Its called a short squeeze and its ruined a many a man

Comment

The scary part is it is like a fire that feeds itself guys scramble to get out but nobody is there to take the other side of the trade so the price grinds higher and higher forward selling js essentially shorting the market and the ridk is tremendous funny how nobody talks about this on a marketing thread most consider it a risk managment tool without knowing the actual risk. And even if you can cover your position you have missed the rally

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...