• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mineral rites prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mineral rites prices

I feel the guy was in error mentioning 10 grand per year, then again will some day find out.

This was BHP to purchase not a third party.

Comment

Great topic hopper as this is a new thing
      and a lot of Saskatchewan farmers need to
      know. We have 14 quarters with mineral
      rights and I have the results from the
      holes that were drilled back a few years.
      Yes Santa Clause their is a layer of
      potash.
      Keep us updated with info.
      THanks

Comment

Just a couple things the lease initial sign up was to pay 2370 dollars for initial sign up. 316 dollars per year until mine start up, estimated to be in 2015, then the yearly lease will be based on mine output after start up.

Comment

Your in jackpot country,be careful what you sign.

If your signing a lease,like 3 years,in oil you'll get a
          dollar per acre amount paid no matter what happens
          and a lump sum payout depending on how valuable it
          is,30$ an acre low end,high end,god nows,you then
          get 15-19% of what comes out of the
          ground,depending on whats negotiated,

Never ever sell your minerals in my opinion.

Comment

Cotton what do you mean by signing a 3 year lease? Is it then negotiated after that? This potash one I think is a lifetime one for the time it takes to mine the area of potash. Is a shorter lease the norm in oil country? Should I be concerned about other minerals in my soil? My mother accross the road has a gassy water well actually rare in the area. Yet the water is of the highest quality around. We have no oil or gas for many miles around but maybe we should think of it.

Comment

Might be a stupid question but do the mineral rights come with your land you own or did you have to purchase them at some point originally?

Comment

3 years is sort of a standard lease,after that its open
                unless they do drill then they have it locked up,then
                you get a one time payment of i think 5000$ per
                well,then 2500 every year after,minerals or no,ihave
                heard of higher negotiated prices.

The problem as i see it is not scaring them off of
                getting something out of the ground on your
                land,which is the percentage 15-19%,thats the big
                money.

The numbers you are talking don't compute
                compared to oil,also very different industry,remember
                if this is underground and not solution(possible not
                probable)they will not be running underground for
                much of a distance from their base.

If you are near wynyard please let me know,we have
                potash assets there.

Comment

As i understand it.

Mineral rights were given to odd number sections of
                  land and the crown took the rest along with the
                  railroads and schools getting different numbered
                  sections.

Then way back the ndp jacked taxes and made paying
                  on the minerals an option,which many took and those
                  minerals on them lands went to the crown,god bless
                  the queen,**** i hate that song.

I reserve the right to be wrong,old memory info.

Comment

Cotton I don't know what the grade and thickness of our potash layer is but say if it is 10 feet thick spread over a quarter section, can you attempt to put a price of what that layer is actually worth in gross dollars not taking into account the mining costs? 39,000 I am sure would not even be close.

Comment

10-million?If it was gravel.

Potash?

If you wanted to get creative you start your own
                      company/penny stock,drill holes establish resource
                      base get near by neighbours on board,hit the tsx
                      venture exchange with the resource,sell half your
                      shares and wait for a buy out.

Comment

39,000 what the hell is that?the big blind in the
                        farming poker game?

Comment

I know that hopperbin realizes that it takes a willing grantor and a willing grantee to achieve a mineral lease. On that premise, there is no such thing as a standard three year mineral lease. It is all in the bargaining. If the developer is serious, he requires no more than a year to develop oil and gas rights. Anything longer and I would suggest that the mineral owner is more interested in the per acre leasing money than in the potential real money that comes with development. If he is nothing more than a parcel accumulator then he is looking for as long a lease period as the mineral holder is silly enough to grant him. Your first question to the landperson should have been, "What company wants to develop my minerals?" If they won't tell you, and many of them won't, show them the door they entered.

Comment

I am wondering, like Hopperbin, how to find out what mineral rights are worth. BP wants to rent or buy rights that my brother and I own. The inital offer consists of a signing bonus, rent of $2.00 per acre and the lease is for 20 years. When the mine starts producing, royalties vary from 4.5% to 9%. I assume that all the terms are negotiable, but can anyone tell me what other people are getting for mineral rights? Any information would be helpful, as we are just starting this process and would like to educate ourselves.

Comment

Hopper... we too have been approached with what sounds like the same lease/purchase offer, but ours is a tale quite different. I will not go too much into it other than, no one we have spoken with will or can say for certain what is what without some kind of valuation.. ie spending $$ to find out. We have at least also been advised that leasing our mineral rights for the purpose of potash mining does not at all affect our PNG rights. That is to say an Oil and Gas company could come a-knocking tomorrow to drill for Hydrocarbons and we could separately negotiate a lease with them at the same time. One should not affect the other. The discussion of 3 year leases is moot in that Oil and Gas has little to compare with Potash mining, but to his point of the poker game, I feel they are accurate. We are in the process of doing what we can to find out what is really going on. We know that BHP is an exceedingly legit potash mining corp, and have also heard that they are a bit shady, but who knows really?!?! Due diligence is the overall guiding line. Question to you, did you speak with the landman directly?? It sounds as though you did! This is a scenario not available in our situation, but we are curious as to how that conversation went.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...