• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments in Old Crop Barley PRO Commentary

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No disagreement. As chaffmeister, there are likely differences between shipments and receipts. You would also have to look at how inventory (if any) was valued between crop years.

In my comments about importing US grain, I should have included normal business documents at the border.

Comment

The best the CGC has to offer:

Barley Exports up to the end of May (in thousands of tonnes):

Italy .2
      South Africa 47.8
      Tunisia 22.5
      China 362.7
      Japan 49.3
      Korea 10.0
      Columbia 41.3
      Ecuador .1
      Mexico 4.3
      United States 349.9

total 888.1

feed exports of 56.0 means malt barley exports are about 832.0

Can't tell from the CGC report which is feed and which is malt. Obviously most are malt - most of the US figure is malt but I don't know how to disect it any further.

Comment

Keep this in mind. Tom4CWB applied for his license and it was denied so he had to "offer" his grain to the Board at which point they began to "market" the grain Tom4CWB sold to the Board. They can legally sell it to China or in this case, back to Tom4CWB at whatever price they think is "reasonable", because the word reasonable is constructed in the Act.

Once the grain is offered to the Board they can pretty much legally sell it for whatever. It's Board grain and they have an obligation to market that grain.
        Tom4CWB, there is nothing illegal about them selling your grain back to youso that the Board loses $1.00/bushel or whatever.

Prices? The Board gets to chose. BUT denying you the license? NO.!!! The legislation does not allow them to deny farmers export licenses because you are tall, because you are rich, because you speak Portugese or because you live in Alberta.

Parsley

Comment

I wasn't clear about what I meant. I should have written, "denying you a license, with the excuse that the buyback is required by legislation".

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...