• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain on the Farm Feb 1st 2014. Me thinks they are full of shit with the high basis!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain on the Farm Feb 1st 2014. Me thinks they are full of shit with the high basis!

Seems after attending the Crop show in Saskatoon that where is all these mountains of grain. No bags along road or piles by yards like a few years back. Few new bins but not that many. So is all the hype put out by grain companies to keep taking our grain and discounting it for their own personal gain. (No couldn't be)
    I flew over from Calgary to Winterpeg and I ask where the hell is all this big amount of grain.
    As farmers we all like to blow our own horn but was maybe the 70 canola really a 50 and the 50 really a 40. Either way where are others sitting with grain on the farm.
    Ours
    Wheat we will be at 80% gone by Feb first. Contracts started to get filled this week from October.
    Barley is at 50% gone, malt deliveries to USA are slow.
    Oats is at 50% gone.
    Peas at 100% gone.
    Canola is at 40% but we always keep 30% till August for insurance.
    All this is on par what we have done in the past.
    Seems others are also similar.
    So is the BS coming on the news every day a way for the grain companies to screw us with a $2.00 a bushel discount or a way to buy cheap grain for next fall (take the Basis because then you can move the crop) and buy cheap grain all summer and hopefully buy cheap grain right up till New year.
    The USA price is different than the Canadian big time. Soy is a premium to Canola.
    So just wondering what others are at!
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...