• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody lock in fall prices in April?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here, here, AdamSmith! Want to come and work with me doing marketing courses with producers? I've been saying what you said for years but if it came from a farmer (which I'm assuming you are) it would carry much more weight. (Is my assumption correct?)

Comment

Lee,

Much can be said about risk management, and obviously this winter farmers will be more interested than ever.

Call options on hedged Canola,

Put weather options for lack of rainfall,

Put options to lock in profitable prices on our grain.

Those who practiced a good risk management plan this year are being rewarded beyond belief, and those who did not have the self dicipline to manage risk... are paying a huge price.

Anyone who read Agriville over the past 5 months had exceptionally good information, information that if heeded would have kept any farm in Alberta, or anywhere else, viable...

We cannot afford to take all the risk ourselves anymore on modern farms that practice high performance agriculture...

Just as we cannot afford to have marketers like the CWB taking on risk that we don't know about.
      We must have complete information on what our marketers are doing, if we are not responsible for the decisions ourselves. Otherwise the FED/PROV. governments need to cough up the money to make us profitable, when the system fails us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...