• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBC W5 reports Ford will sell US Vehicles to Canadians

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBC W5 reports Ford will sell US Vehicles to Canadians

In the episode of W5 today; it was reported that the exact same goods in Home Depot differ by 21% in cost between Canadian and US stores. You can probably guess which stores are always the cheapest.

Another part of the story was that "all" the vehicle manufacturer (and their franchized vehicle outlets) refused to sell new vehicles to potential Canadian customers from their establishments.

THE INTERESTING PART WAS THAT THE REPORT STATED THAT THE EXCEPTION THEY FOUND WAS FORD. There was a caveat; customers had to pay the whole price upfront. I assume that means no leasing and no financing. And that's a tough break for those who borrow for everything; but arguably reasonable considering collection problems from a different country from where the sale was completed.
    Well from my perspetive; that if that report is true; that is a breath of fresh air that has been absent since about 2006-2007. And it would suprise me if it wouldn't shake everyone of those free trade hypocrits that haunt the likes of almost every major manufacturer and franchised outlets for various modes of transportation and agricultural implement power sources.
    The class action law suits that were threatened in the 2006 era probably never got off the ground; but this break though (if indeed it is as was stated on the W5 show) is significant in my opinion.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...