• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Council Meeting today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto Council Meeting today

It was quite a show today at the Toronto Council meeting. Not any more shocking than their counterparts at the Sask rural level....but pretty damn poor democracy in action.

You missed Mayor Ford making a 100 foot dash at what appeared to be someone in the gallery that he was aiming for. Unfortunatey he forgot his 56 inch wide gut and he bowled over a lady councillor inthe first thirty feet or so. There wasn't any real evidence of apology; but one camera caught the charge; and boy that guy is capable of some serious rage.

This just after the "speaker" called in security to clear the gallery. There were at least one councillor and the mayor who also deserved being sent to the sin bin. In fact it looked like they just punched the right buttons enough time; and the chamber was ull fledged out of control.
    The Mayor and his brother just wouldn't stay in their council seats and approached and actively engaged those occupying the public seats; and made gestures towards council members throughout the proceedings. (I've seen that type of baiting a few times)

I'd like to know how Rod Fords expensive and no doubt competent lawyer got to remain in the gallery after the public had been cleared out. Brother Doug pointed out that he was there (and that was after the gallery was supposedly cleared).

Now I know why I was advised that at the regular meeting of Council dated Mar 8/2012 that the following motion was passed that stated "that no electronic devices of any kind be allowed to be used during council/committee meetings without prior council approval".

Now if that had happened in Toronto it would have hit the National News. At the Tornto Council meeting today; they had a lawyer gathering evidence for court cases that would allege councillors abusing their positions to attempt to harm the mayor, councillors not fulfilling their feduciary duties; and cell phones and cameras of personal boody guards attempting to document "NDP" and union troublemakers sitting within the public gallery.

All the while the mayor and supporters baiting, bullying and attempting to create a full four ring riot.

As has been pointed out; there are a substantial (maybe even still a good majority) who would forgive any type of behavior as long as their pockets get a little bit of grease.

Who says the Mayans didn't call the end of the "age of enlightenment" pretty closely.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...