• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge loss

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge loss

It is brutal watching all the canola blow away today. Even barley swaths scattered. I going to guess i lost a third of my canola and its not over. What a feeling not a dam thing you can do. From what im hearing its widespread damage. Stats can will need to adjust their estimates again, canola may be a scarce commodity come spring.

Combining yesterday it was running 30.
    Today in the same field 17. Put the
    straight header on, is working relatively
    ok. Swathing east west this year was a
    huge mistake. Though the north south ones
    are rolling into balls the size of a small
    house. Never seen anything like this in a
    long time.

Comment

Next year let's swath in a circle! There is no answer.
      How is ready to combine standing canola taking this wind? I am thinking all on the ground. Same for standing oats.
      Neighbors swaths all over my combined stubble. What a crap year!

Comment

Our standing canola has not shelled out. It tested 14 today. Fairing better than the swaths.

Comment

Mother nature is definitely on the rag
          LOL!!!!!!!

What a ****ing wind.

Comment

Millions and millions of canola lost in the last24
            hrs. Crops getting smaller

Comment

Our east west swaths were better than the north south ones. Probably 20 to
              25% loss overall.

The standing canola is probably 60 to 70 % loss. I tried it once but a wind the
              night before i combined it shattered alot of crop. Haven't had the balls to do
              it since. The seed was beautiful though.

Comment

My apologies in advance......
                My sympathies to all..... We had our 80 km/h winds earlier and suffered the same fate. That was on top of a disasterous sclerotinia outbreak. Mother Nature seen I wasn't completely down yet and just one more kick in the balls did it.
                When someone tells me there isn't a damn thing you can do about it, I tell them I can get the f@#k out!!!! Then every time I bend over the wind can blow up my ****ing ass, and the rest of the industry can kiss it. And some people think this is just another way to make a living, who in there right mind would do this??

Comment

Watched canola swaths today by Hamlin just north of North B'ford roll and roll, and crop that was 40 ish. Some of those balls are the size of trucks!! Combine efficiency just dropped by 50% and yeild by 30% ??
                  Just one more reason to tell input suppliers of all seed , fert , whatever to *** off until we are done!!! *** the "pre early season speacial buy program" shit When we are done we "may" buy what we can afford...
                  Good luck to all those who paid big money rent and bought land for 43 times assesment... reality check there is still a reason that land is assesed what it is, this is not Iowa...

Comment

That fricking wind! When have we last had
                    a year that since spring its so windy. Yes Manitoba sucks and Alberta blows that's
                    why Saskatchewan is so windy. But this 88
                    km west wind is nuts. Couldn't use the
                    bagger spout and grain cart because the
                    wind would blow it out so used the
                    conveyor.

Comment

Totally agree farmholic.

This "take your beating like a man"attitude is a
                      sickness in our society.

Comment

Not only canola. I had a quarter of lentils that I foolishly swathed. They now belong to the neighbour.

Comment

So how do we handle 1000 pounds per acre, or more, of seed scattered across our fields? The volunteer situation will be horrendous. Cultivate it in, and hope for a tremendous amount of growth this fall???

Comment

Good question kodiak, gona be a gong show

Comment

Alot of canola blew beside me last year. The one person with 1000 acre chunck must have burned off this spring with something with some residual because he was the only one not rushing to do an incrop spray because of volunteer canola. Would like to know what he used.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...