• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flowers etc.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowers etc.

How do other RM's handle spending ratepayers tax dollars on selecting which families will receive gestures of respect such as "sending flowers".

Is it appropriate for council to seemingly pick and choose who is important; and who isn't deserving?

And in general..... how do other councils handle the same policy......differently for different ratepayers?

And for those who take time to sit in the gallery; is it OK for a fraction of the details to seemingly be selectively divulged in the public meeting.

From experience; I can report that there are many blatent examples of deliberate lack of disclosure, transparency, and application of enforcement techniques regarding rules a few "elected" people have applied.

Found some interesting stuff this summer
    when I was talking to our lawyer about
    our RM problems.
    Basically their is nothing I can do. RMs
    have huge amount of power and can make
    life miserable for the rate payer and do
    it legally. Individual farms have no
    power.
    The roads I grade the roads I have been
    forced to build the trees I have moved
    off the roads the roads I have graveled.
    I could be sued buy the RM for
    destruction of public property.
    Yet this same RM cant do any thing for
    ratepayers.
    This RM BS should stop, its time people
    of sask start asking for a end of this
    1900 BS. Bring on a large county system.

Comment

You've got it figured out Saskfarmr. Too bad the absolute truth isn't evident to everyone; and especially apparent to our masters.

It is becoming so pervasive and invasive. No longer do the RM's stick to manage her Majesties roads and road allowances.. Would you believe that an RM needs to give permission to the Sask Liquor Board for a permit to have liquor on private land within the RM.
      And there is an acknowleged instance where the councillor tok it upon himself (without a meeting held to gain the required passed resolution).

On the one hand all you hear is being cognisant of legal liability; and on the opposite hand we have real easy unauthorized approval.....of course depending on who you are and how well council members want to dig it in to the ratepayer.

Comment

We as ratepayers give some very vindictive
        people power to rule. The dark side of human
        nature does come out with some elected
        coucillors. I have seen this first-hand in one of
        the RM's that I am a ratepayer in. This can be
        very hard on people especially if they happen to
        have an on- farm business. May even cause
        some to sell out and move away.

As for flowers, its pretty petty, but I think the all or
        nothing policy works best. This goes for staff too.

Comment

Sometimes its the slightest comment or the smallest gesture that speaks volumes.

Once a well known farmer spilled a short quip " Crop share is one-third; but you don't have to necessarily pay that much".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...