• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge canola crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wd9 . . . do you think the Chinese care?

Comment

Errol,

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but what has China's purchasing pattern of canola over the last 24 months been?

Comment

You asked Errol but I looked at the CGC Exports of Canadian Grain and Flour.

In 2009/10, China bought about 1.1 MMT of canola by the end of December versus a total program of 2.9 MMT that year.

In 2011/12, China only bought 400,000 tonnes in the first 5 months of the crop year versus total imports of 2 MMT.

In the current crop year, China had bought 950,000 tonnes versus 2.5 MMT to the end of June (July still not released).

Comment

OOps. The 3rd paragraph refers to 2010/11.

Comment

Anyone notice soybean exports above
            expectations. Demand destruction hasn't even
            begun in soybeans.

Comment

In response to Errol's statement I think they do care. While I was in China I asked why do you prefer to buy Canola oil in Sichuan Province and the answer was they are accusomed to the taste so there is some sort of preference to keep using what they are using. They produce ****seed there and that is what they consume for cooking oil and they pour the shit on heavy. Other parts of China do use different concoctions of cooking oil as per their tastes. Don't think healthy oil comes into play there as most get a lot of excercise riding bike to work, working hard etc.

Comment

Ya , agree. Times are changing. Even the Chinese realize you can not eat bacon every day. I am sorry but average Chinese is more educated than the average North American. The pandoras box is keeping it affordable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...