• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop tour

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop tour

Just got back from an extended drive through Alberta and down to southern Saskatchewan. Headed east from Central Alberta through saskatoon and east to Yorkton then straight south to east of Estavan. Back up through Weyburn,Regina and back west through Outlook, Rosetown Kindersley. First thought is I feel for those in the Rosetown area which normally has some of the best crops in the country. What wasn't drown out is either hailed or flat from big storms. Lots of weeds to contend with. Few other things I noticed. Huge variation in crop maturity within most areas. Saw canola swathed beside fields that were just coming out of bloom. Saw ripe cereal crops beside ones still quite green. Crops also showed huge variation with some weedy, some lodged spread among some good looking crops. There is an area in Alberta that is quite advanced(highway 21 to 36) then maturity is much later as you move further east. Lots of activity in the south with good looking cereals and what I would consider mostly average canola crops. Lots of lodged and short canola crops. Hoping it stays warm so we can get an early start at harvest. Seems there are storms here in Central Alberta almost every night. Good luck to everyone with harvest.

Its rained 26 times in the last 30 days
    here in east central AB.

Comment

WD9/Craig,

I sure hope that Drew's forcast for a dry and warm fall works out... he was good for the first part of the growing season...

Peas will be coming off later this week... Canola to come down by the 15-17th.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...