• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sclerotinia pics inside canopy--yikes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut the stem down the verticle axis, and you should find one of those sclerosia bodies somewhere.

Did anyone one consider maybe a Pursuit carry over?

Comment

Dog patch, you can see the grey mold in the pic's, no need to cut stems. Pursuit carry over , at that stage?

Comment

Jesus Christ Already Man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cut That F#$kin Stuff Down, Yer Gonna Lose er' All!!!!!!!!! Already Past The Optimum Cutting Stage. You will notice now the the swath gonna stay fluffy and not pack well, Wind will finish off whatever is left.............

Comment

Getting close BTO. going to go as soon as some of the "not so infected" stuff in the field has a bit of seed colour change. Likely have to swath at night and yea I know it will be prone to the f-ing wind.

Comment

Yer ONLY Choice is to Swath at Night. Don't worry about The Seed Colour Change, Infact thats a Myth. Listen To ME. Its like Corn, Start Shelling on The Tough Side and yous'll end up with more yield versus waiting fer The Optimum Time. Swath That F#$kin Stuff Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think so BTO, too much will be lost from swathing too early, you need to have some shelling as your swathing should produce the most yield. Would be lucky to get rain and swath 24 hours a day if need to.

Comment

What about dessicate and straight cut?? Honest
                question. Have couple fields bout 20-25%
                infected and there is decent seed in the pods. I
                know if i swath it it will be all puffy and shatter. If it
                stands it wont shatter as its tied wih good pods??

Comment

I think I will let Ritche Bros. deal with it!! What kind of a constitution does someone need to do this. I am a firm beleiver this is also a direct result of continuous cropping which by the way is the environmentally right thing to do--if you like using a pile of ____icides!! Oh well, live and learn.

Comment

Canola may go the way of the dodo bird. Disease
                    is making for uncontrollable risk. Prairies are
                    awash in yellow.

I tend to agree with you on the continuous
                    cropping. Chemical companies love it. Its great
                    when all goes well. Continuous wet years are
                    likely contributing to disease growth.

Is sclerotina showing up in lentils?

Comment

Have a nieghbor with 4-5 year rotation with smf all the time. 30% or more infection.
                      Continuous cropping not helping but not the cause, simply a perfect set up for sclerotina and an unlucky very warm winter to exagerate the aster leaf hopper problem.
                      We all have been warned for a few years that sclerotina could be a very big problem if conditions were set up right early in the season. Unless you live in Alaska you should of been aware of this.

Comment

Biggest problem when guys have bad sclerotina is
                        to swath to early.

Comment

Also have another question. Why only one or two
                          awesome stocks, and hundreds of little skinny
                          ones. Volunteer, brown bag,poor fertility or what.

Comment

Sask: Without being too sarcastic--I mentioned to hopperbin the lack of last years stubble was because of harrowing and this pic is on the headlands(maybe explains heavier plant population also???). Seeded probably slightly higher than 5 lbs./ac and being on headlands double that. We pay attention to seed and fert placement to get as many of the near $10.00/lb shit growing. I do not brown bag seed, I know guys who do and guys who blend cert and binrun. If 240 lbs./ac of fert is poor fertility I would hate to have your fert bill. The rotation of this 1/2 section was disclosed so how do you suspect volunteers?

Comment

Not judging you just trying to figure out. Some
                              years you just have to say oh well their is always
                              next year.

Comment

I'm a little thin skinned this year, and feeling a bit beat-up after the late June windstorm and the disease outbreak on some of my acres. Mother Nature is putting me back in place, she can be a cruel beach.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...