• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hacker Alert...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hacker Alert...

If you get a 'Private Message' that you click on... and it asks for your password for Hotmail... you will have ALL your contacts hacked!

The hackers got my hotmail addresses, this morning...it is fixed now.
    If you had put in your password to a hotmail address you have yourself... this would then send out a 'Private Message' to everyone in your contact list trying to get their 'passwords' to infect them and send out more 'Private messages' and on... and on... "trusted" people are NOT sending this to you!!!

NEVER enter your pass word/s into anything like this... what problems... waste of time... YUCK!

Cheers!

Just dump Hotmail and get a Gmail account instead
    and all the problems, spam and junk mail stops.

Comment

I only use Hotmail as a "throw away" account. There are filters available on Hotmail if one has to use it and I wouldn't think of not employing them.

Comment

Ditto. Hotmail junk.

Comment

Use Gmail if you don't mind Google reading your email. Try Hushmail.

Comment

You folks missed the point:

If someone you trust... who sends a "Private message"... that asks for a password... the response for many people is to put in their own password to get retreive the message.

Of COURSE it is Hacker scam to just get the password to whoever the server is you use... and trigger the SAME scam to all your contacts... to continue the scam over and over.

It matters not WHO holds your e-mail servers... anyone can be hit. Hotmail did find the hackers before I figured it out... and stopped them.

Fixing this after makes about a days work... frustrating and unproductive time to say the least.

If we are aware and not caught off gaurd... we won't fall for the hackers.

Watch your forum passwords...

Watch that they are not the same as your e-mail/banking passwords... as hackers will go into forums like Agriville and extract the passwords... then get the email you use... and try to get in... if they are the same...bingo they are into your system.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...